Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix z590-E Gaming Wifi PCH Temp reach 62c while Idle

shantal23647388
Level 7
i built This PC 1 Week ago and everything seems to be OK but
i Noticed that my PCH Temp is 62c even while my PC is idle
i didn't yet launch any game because i think with that much temp on idle can be a lot higher while gaming
at first the PCH Temp was 65c while idle but i disabled the Intel Lan1 2.5g because im using the Intel Lan2 2.5g
and now the PCH Temp seems to be 4c lower but still 62c on idle is a lot imagine while gaming or benchmarking ?
so my question is it Normal ?
3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
It largely depends on ambient/case temperatures, but 65c is well within operating range. So, yes, everything is ok.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ROG wrote:
It largely depends on ambient/case temperatures, but 65c is well within operating range. So, yes, everything is ok.

Thank you for answerig

Hi guys

I Have got 4090 so I moved everything from small case to large case yesterday Since I noticed my Motherboard temp is : 60 C in idle and the chipset 50C in idle the CPU package is 32 .Before it was in idle only 40 C .What can be the problem? maybe I put wrong way the thermal paste on CPU ? or the case much bigger and the fans are more far from the motherboard this causing problem . I have found in the box the MOS 40 mm fan but hell I do not know where need to be install that thing ! the book its so stupid just does not showing correctly or just I do not get how to . Someone can you help me out please ? I know the temp still in good range but I know it should not e temps in idle specially in corsair 7000x big case with 7 x 140 mm fans .