ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / ROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

Crosshair VIII Formula +3950x + 2080 ti SLI = Blast Heater at Idle

So I have this system as noted in the title and the thing literally pumps a ton of heat into my home at idle. It seems as though there is little that can be done to somehow stop this heat factory from acting like a blast heater. But I made this post hoping I am wrong. If you know of any way to lower the GPU power draw or otherwise, please help.

What I have done to try to tone down the heat dump (with no real change):

1. Used Tweak II to lower/limit the power draw of my GPUs to 40% of maximum.
    2. Installed a new AIO cooler hoping that would at least increase the airflow and cooling in the system--but as expected this did nothing to lower the heat this thing pumps into my home.
    3. Changed the Windows CPU power settings to slow down the CPU (namely to Balanced vs High Performance).
    4. Made a number of threads on various forums to try to pin down if the GPU idle power draw--which is 40+ watts minimum on the main CPU plus another 20+ watts on the second card can be fixed as it is a lot higher than what others report with 2080 ti cards.
    5. Limited FPS and other settings in Tweak II and also in any games whenever possible.
    6. Used Nvidia Control Panel to set Power Management Mode to "Adaptive."

However none of these have gotten me anywhere, and have only convinced me to simply not power on this heat pumper of a rig in summer.

Thanks in advance if you know of ways to safely lower the heat being pumped into my home that continues even when this thing is at idle.
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 07-05-2021 at 11:52 PM.