cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clean ROG STRIX GA15DH DESKTOP without voiding the warranty

Pathslug
Level 7
How to clean ROG Strix desktop without voiding the warranty

The ROG Strix desktop is sealed with warranty sticker and i wont be able to peal it for cleaning inside the desktop if dust forms which will degrade the performance.

I live in Chennai which is quiet dusty area - i use to clean my old desktop but i am not sure if i need to book a service with ASUS for cleaning

As a general rule for any Computer user any desktop needs cleaning atleast for once every 3 or 6 months to increase the performance of the CPU and GPU else it will get over heated and damaged

Do i need to book tech hardware service just for cleaning the desktop by an ASUS tech so the warranty is not void???:)
6 REPLIES 6

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi
Good day . Basically , normal cleaning process will not void the warranty , include using brush to clean the dust .By the way , you may want to use high-pressure
air compressor to clean inside, if you don't have related experience to do that , I will not advise . If you want to cleant it deeper include re-paste thermal paste, please contact local service center. Thank you

Here to check nearest location of service center
https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

Pathslug wrote:
How to clean ROG Strix desktop without voiding the warranty

The ROG Strix desktop is sealed with warranty sticker and i wont be able to peal it for cleaning inside the desktop if dust forms which will degrade the performance.

I live in Chennai which is quiet dusty area - i use to clean my old desktop but i am not sure if i need to book a service with ASUS for cleaning

As a general rule for any Computer user any desktop needs cleaning atleast for once every 3 or 6 months to increase the performance of the CPU and GPU else it will get over heated and damaged

Do i need to book tech hardware service just for cleaning the desktop by an ASUS tech so the warranty is not void???:)

Thank you for your reply

I have a side glass pannel and that pannel and the main tower is both pasted with a sticket that says "Read warranty doc before removing". I did read the warranty document and it says not to remove the sticker or else the warranty is void. I totally respect that but how to we clean the GPU and its fan which is virutally impossible since its facing downwards on ASUS ROG STRIX GA15DH. If you ask me - its a faulty design not allowing the customers to clean fullly without removing the cover.

Using a vaccume cleaner might do the trick for some part of the dust but over a period of time the minute dustparticles get deposited mainly in the fans of processor and in GPUs.

Can i take it to a nearby service center or request for a site visit from ASUS Tech just for cleaning without voiding the warranty?? That seems to be an ok option if i want to keep my 3 years warranty

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi
Thanks for your asking, I won't suggest to remove the sticker to open the side panel. Set-computer is more like laptop. In order to avoid any manual disassembling or assembling to void the warranty that's why warranty sticker is there. But you are right, it's not convenient for users to clean the pc inside. If you need on-site service for cleaning, please pm me the serial number of GA15DH, I will confirm more detail in service package. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply, - I have PMed my sno - pls let me know

Alvez@asus wrote:
Hi
Thanks for your asking, I won't suggest to remove the sticker to open the side panel. Set-computer is more like laptop. In order to avoid any manual disassembling or assembling to void the warranty that's why warranty sticker is there. But you are right, it's not convenient for users to clean the pc inside. If you need on-site service for cleaning, please pm me the serial number of GA15DH, I will confirm more detail in service package. Thank you.

Hello,

Since i have messaged, i can see significant amount of micro dust collecting inside my ASUS ROG STRIX desktop.

I see there is a service center near my locaion, do i need to take it there or i can request a tech visit to my home - i prefer the later due to covid scare

Alvez_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi
Good day, yes I check your serial number within on-site service package. I will request to local service team to contact with you.
It's true to provide OSS batter than leaving home. Once I get contact info from message , I will do next action , Thank you.