cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus prime pro x570 connecting phone to pc, and do I need chipset drivers?

Mast0rMason
Level 7
Im having troubles connecting my phone to my pc. All of the usb ports apart from 2 which come off the ethernet port only supply power whilst the other 2 make my phone constantly connect and disconnect like twice a second. Is there a fix for this?

Also what do the chipset drivers contain? I installed them off the support page and everything started going wrong with games crashing, Corsair commander was being weird and not recognising a fan and LL sorts. Reinstalled windows and not the chipset drivers from the Asus page and everything works again. Games were crashing saying driver time out with my 6900xt. Like the chipset drivers broke everything.
4 REPLIES 4

Escorpiom
Level 9
Yes, you do need chipset drivers. It's usually the first thing you install after a fresh Windows install. Assuming you are running Windows 10.
If things get messed up, there may be another issue. Check memory and power supply.

Some phones need specific USB drivers, normally you can download them from the manufacturers website

Cheers.

Escorpiom wrote:
Yes, you do need chipset drivers. It's usually the first thing you install after a fresh Windows install. Assuming you are running Windows 10.
If things get messed up, there may be another issue. Check memory and power supply.

Some phones need specific USB drivers, normally you can download them from the manufacturers website

Cheers.

It's a Xaoimi Mi 11. Also is it normal for the chipset to hit 78 degrees with no games running?

Escorpiom
Level 9
My chipset temp sits at 70 degrees with 1.05v, however 78 could be a little on the high side.
According to AMD, chipset temps can be high because they measure it on-die.
Check the USB cable you are using to connect the phone to the PC, I had some new cables die on me quickly.
Drivers for Xiaomi are available.

Cheers.

RedSector73
Level 12
Mast0rMason wrote:
Im having troubles connecting my phone to my pc. All of the usb ports apart from 2 which come off the ethernet port only supply power whilst the other 2 make my phone constantly connect and disconnect like twice a second. Is there a fix for this?

Also what do the chipset drivers contain? I installed them off the support page and everything started going wrong with games crashing, Corsair commander was being weird and not recognising a fan and LL sorts. Reinstalled windows and not the chipset drivers from the Asus page and everything works again. Games were crashing saying driver time out with my 6900xt. Like the chipset drivers broke everything.

AMD chipset drivers
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

Intel Driver assistant
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128824/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Intel-DSA-

Escorpiom wrote:
My chipset temp sits at 70 degrees with 1.05v, however 78 could be a little on the high side.
According to AMD, chipset temps can be high because they measure it on-die.
Check the USB cable you are using to connect the phone to the PC, I had some new cables die on me quickly.
Drivers for Xiaomi are available.
Cheers.

78 is fine, anything under 90 is not worth investing time in.