cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix z590a wifi Realtek 3.5mm not showing up

nezff
Level 7
Just wanted to ask a quick question. I bought the asus ROG strix Z590A motherboard and did not do a fresh install of windows. I'm assuming I had some leftover drivers and other things from my other asus Z390a board.* To be honest everything has been working fine my only issue was that I didn't have the line in and line out under windows sound settings.

*I had the realtech driver installed from asus website but could not get my front panel 3.5 mm headphones to work nor could I plug them in the rear of the motherboard. Actually there was just no option to actually use those headphones because the line in or line out was not even available in the window settings I'm attaching a picture

16 REPLIES 16

kubr0
Level 7
I doubt that you're going to be able to solve this in any other way than do a wipe and clean install of the system. Continuing to use the same Windows installation, which was working on a different mobo before is honestly just a very very bad idea that is calling for trouble.

Definitely doing a clean install of windows when I get home from work. I wasn't sure about updating the bios or not. I've always been told not to unless you are having problems. I'm still on the bios that came with the board.

Anyway will report back.

Used the realteak driver package here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118522-DRIVERS-Realtek-USB-Audio-(MB-Intel-5xx-amp-AMD-TRX...

installed the realtek driver package after a fresh install of windows and I do not have realtek audio console, realtek usb driver in my control panel add remove programs, nor is it in my device manager. I have installed them exactly like OP described and NO GO.

There is no option to use anything REALTEK even after installing the supposed latest drivers from the forum member.

removed everything with driver store and still no go on being able to use onboard sound? Am I missing something guys? Realtek is installed. USB. USB audio works great.

bscool
Level 11
Has audio ever worked? If not maybe the MB is defective.

bscool wrote:
Has audio ever worked? If not maybe the MB is defective.

The audio works now and has been. Its a brand new board a week old in this build. Only my usb headsets and usb audio work. Cannot use any inputs 3.5mm on back of board. One member told me this board is usb only. That's surely not true.

Zardoc
Level 10
nezff, You shouldn't hijack posts all over the place. I would stick to the post that refers to your drivers.

Thanks.

Zardoc wrote:
nezff, You shouldn't hijack posts all over the place. I would stick to the post that refers to your drivers.

Thanks.

this is my post. I started this thread days ago.