cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate 3.1.0.0 Installation Failure - Internet connection

MakeMuricaGreat
Level 7
Hello All,

I've recently been trying to update to Armoury Crate Version 3.1.0.0 on my Maximus XI Extreme, but I've constantly been stuck in an 'Installation Failed' followed by 'Installation failed. Please restart the system and check the Internet connection status before retrying.0' (Yes, a zero after the period at the end.)

I've uninstalled Armoury Crate, all affiliated services with Revo, ran CCleaner to remove all of the old registry nonsense, etc. Uninstalled AiSuite III as well and pretty much anything and everything ASUS program related on my desktop.

So far, still no luck and I just ran the installer again. Same f*cking error. There's zero issue with my home network and I am using the 5GbE connection network port on my motherboard, directly into my ASUS AX router.

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever... does anyone have insight on how to get this sh*t working? It's so frustrating having a Ryujin water cooler, this overpriced motherboard, the ASUS power supply w/ LED display screen, and not being able to fully utilize any of it thanks to this god awful software not even functioning during installation...
27 REPLIES 27

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
they are working on a fix as soon as possible.

is getting worst now is range across. all products. Since was only on amd boards and very isolated. now we all have I make a fix but was needed 2 services to work. but now not even that.

PLEASE DO NOT USE CLEANERS that make it worst

I will check status on these
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:

is getting worst now is range across. all products. Since was only on amd boards and very isolated. now we all have I make a fix but was needed 2 services to work. but now not even that.

Thank you for the response. This is very frustrating, especially since I am now unable to even install previous versions of Armoury Crate...

It's almost like they did absolutely no quality assurance testing before pushing this out to hundreds of thousands of customers/end users.... ugh, wtf!

MakeMuricaGreat wrote:
Thank you for the response. This is very frustrating, especially since I am now unable to even install previous versions of Armoury Crate...

It's almost like they did absolutely no quality assurance testing before pushing this out to hundreds of thousands of customers/end users.... ugh, wtf!

Agreed. I get the exact same message with the 0 at the end.
I bought a EUR 3'500 monitor (PG32UQX) and cannot use the small LED functionality (LiveDash) because Armoury Crate does not install.
It's maddening and completely unacceptable.

MrAgapiGC wrote:

My ga35dx PC (Amd vesion) same as u after some bug then reinstall the armoury failed with message 100.Even try to reinstall the windows and try many method. Very disappointed with asus software.

luckherry wrote:
My ga35dx PC (Amd vesion) same as u after some bug then reinstall the armoury failed with message 100.Even try to reinstall the windows and try many method. Very disappointed with asus software.

GA35dx user here too!

I'm also Strix Scope RX, Gladius II, Delta S user.

got failed message 100 too!

Very disapointed too! In a future i would replace all gears with any brand except ASUS, enough with this brand.

iiziilel2 wrote:
GA35dx user here too!

I'm also Strix Scope RX, Gladius II, Delta S user.

got failed message 100 too!

Very disapointed too! In a future i would replace all gears with any brand except ASUS, enough with this brand.

Also on my new GA35DX 100 fault tooo!! Asus solve it!

MrAgapiGC wrote:

Cleaners won't have ANY impact on install issues.
If anything, it probably cleans up better than the ASUS uninstaller does itself.

My X370-F board also refuses to install using latest Armoury Crate build.
To make things worse, I went back to latest AURA app, it worked several times until I also installed the latest GPU Tweak II app.
After this AURA fails to launch now, every single time!

Very poor software, very very poor from ASUS :mad::mad::mad:

I uninstalled every ASUS application relating to lighting controls now as they're all badly written.
The uninstallers for AURA and Armoury are so bad, its not even funny. Leaves behind a lot of third party drivers and files.

I've been getting to exactly the same stage in the install everytime before it appears to time-out and error with a "0" typically, It really just seems like there's a dead link it's looking to for a download. These are the servers it's talking to at the time of the error.

I've uninstalled everything, tried to remove every single Asus remnant in registry, temp files, the whole shebang and it errors at exactly the same point. Is there a beta installer for v4 anywhere?

I've resorted to OpenRGB for the time being, but not being able to light up my 3080 isn't any fun!

It was all working until I checked for updates and was advised something failed and I would need to reboot to check, and if that didn't work uninstall and reinstall Armoury Crate. Famous last words 😕

labrat08 wrote:
I've been getting to exactly the same stage in the install everytime before it appears to time-out and error with a "0" typically, It really just seems like there's a dead link it's looking to for a download. These are the servers it's talking to at the time of the error.

Yep I agree, some URL is dead.

I might procmon it to see which exact URL it is and post back my findings...