cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus xiii hero rear I\O hdmi does not work - intel 11700k cpu integrated graphics

fazelbva
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I just built my rog maximus XIII hero. I came across a strange issue concerning the HDMI video output of rear I/O panel. For first days it was working without any problem. As I did bios update and installed drivers for windows 10 it just died and no display output anymore even boot logo and bios setup. I tried different HDMI cables, different Monitors, Flashback the bios, update the bios to 0902 again. All in all, at the end no signal.

I have used a HDMI to DVI adapter it did not work either. However, surprisingly, using a HDMI to VGA adapter worked and gave me the video from cold boot.

In addition, I tried the type c /thunderbolt / display port output using a type c to HDMI adapter it went all well and I have a brilliant graphic.

Does anyone have any idea how to sort out this strange issue?

What am I missing to check out or initialize?

Is the rear I/O HDMI broken ?

I appreciate your attention and support.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Breimeister
Level 9
Maybe the bios update dis abled the internal graphics.
Ak

Breimeister wrote:
Maybe the bios update dis abled the internal graphics.
Ak

Hi,

But there is no such option among the MB bios settings.

Cheeseburger
Level 8
Is that your only graphics source? If it is so, try to clear bios memory with the old bios, it should be as it was when first install.
If it is not, sometimes new drivers of graphics cards needs some steps more to get dual displays working with different controllers, try to set the pci card as main display then you can configure the second one easily.

Cheeseburger wrote:
Is that your only graphics source? If it is so, try to clear bios memory with the old bios, it should be as it was when first install.
If it is not, sometimes new drivers of graphics cards needs some steps more to get dual displays working with different controllers, try to set the pci card as main display then you can configure the second one easily.

Hi,

This is the only source of graphic (CPU Integrated Graphics).

Unfortunately I don't remember what was the default bios version on my MB from factory.

How can I be sure that rear I/O panel HDMI is not broken? using a HDMI to VGA adapter which yields me graphic, will guarantee that HDMI port is OK ?

Saltgrass
Level 13
When you tried different HDMI cables, did you check the quality to make sure it could handle that version of HDMI?

Have you tried connecting to different monitors? Does the monitor you are using have the correct input set?

I can't test my board because the Nvidia card turns it off in the Bios.

Do you have the Thunderbolt enabled in the Bios and if so have you tried disabling it?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
When you tried different HDMI cables, did you check the quality to make sure it could handle that version of HDMI?

Have you tried connecting to different monitors? Does the monitor you are using have the correct input set?

I can't test my board because the Nvidia card turns it off in the Bios.

Do you have the Thunderbolt enabled in the Bios and if so have you tried disabling it?

Hi,

Yes I tried 2 different monitors however they were quite old. Do you think this is a compatibility issue?

No. The thunderbolt was disabled by default, I just enabled it and tested all again no difference.

I honestly have no more clues!