cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nahimic services, processes causing significant slowdowns, delays WIN10

SID___
Level 7
Hi, I've googled this problem and can see it is still a problem, can someone at ASUS advise what to do? If this is going to affect my Motherboard's RGB or Audio performance then I'll just get a refund from Amazon but I want to keep it since ASUS boards are the best looking.

Here's what happens to me:

1. Opening any app will be delayed by about 3-4 seconds.
2. Saving or opening a file within a app will also be delayed (the window)

I mean, this is bad, especially when I'm trying to multi task.

I also have an unrelated issue too, where the ASUS BIOS doesn't load at all, it skips it and goes straight to Windows, even if I hold shift to boot into BIOS. It's like BIOS has disappeared, F2, del doesn't do nothing either. I wonder if there's a button on the mobo I accidentally switched.
9 REPLIES 9

SID___
Level 7
is anyone from ASUS gonna answer this. I'll get a refund through amazon then

SID___ wrote:
is anyone from ASUS gonna answer this. I'll get a refund through amazon then

This forum is for asus users - asus themselves dont reply through here, only via their support. Sadly many of us have been having same issues and ive reported it to asus support who at first blame it on my graphics card and then just tell me to use old drivers (which still dont work) - they then "closed" the ticket as they "could not find a solution" and then was "happy" i found a "workaround" (by typing msconfig in start menu and permanently disabled nahimic service

If you have not get returned it for a refund, disable Nahimic Service - theres a 90% chance it will work then.

dragonwolf5589 wrote:
This forum is for asus users - asus themselves dont reply through here, only via their support. Sadly many of us have been having same issues and ive reported it to asus support who at first blame it on my graphics card and then just tell me to use old drivers (which still dont work) - they then "closed" the ticket as they "could not find a solution" and then was "happy" i found a "workaround" (by typing msconfig in start menu and permanently disabled nahimic service

If you have not get returned it for a refund, disable Nahimic Service - theres a 90% chance it will work then.

I agree after 3 days of my build i figured out too. to disable and forget

BigJohnny
Level 13
Its the same across everyone's platforms. Junk bloatware. Uninstall and its all good. Its just supposed to make headphones sound better but the only thing Ive found that does this is using the Toslink out and a DAC.

This is a user self help forum sponsored by ASUS, if you have an issue that you need them to help with its slim that you will get it posting here. Open a ticket or return your board and get an MSI of Gigabyte and have the same problem. Nahimic is not ASUS software. Find out which Realtec device you have and download the drivers from there. Tons of posts about this issue across many platforms, not just ASUS. It cam on my drivers and I disabled the service.

It also helps when you list your specs.

RedSector73
Level 12
In the bios, don't turn on fast boot, or otherwise it has the effect you are describing, unable to enter BIOS using f2 or del. This feature is only useful when you don't want users entering BIOS ie work computer or kids.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enter-uefi-bios-windows-10-pcs

If you want ASUS responce, you should use ticketed support.

RedSector73 wrote:
In the bios, don't turn on fast boot, or otherwise it has the effect you are describing, unable to enter BIOS using f2 or del. This feature is only useful when you don't want users entering BIOS ie work computer or kids.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enter-uefi-bios-windows-10-pcs

If you want ASUS responce, you should use ticketed support.

it's not about fastboot! i tested on/off no change.
I can confirm the slow app loading mentioned in thread. also Nahimic-service causes various system errors.

Audio drivers need to update
Official drivers updated 1 year ago. currently, sonic studio does & sonic radar not working. at the moment, I use mokichu drivers, but sonic-studio-link does not work on it.

gkhann wrote:
I can confirm the slow app loading mentioned in thread. also Nahimic-service causes various system errors.

Official drivers updated 1 year ago. currently, sonic studio does & sonic radar not working. at the moment, I use mokichu drivers, but sonic-studio-link does not work on it.

Are you the OP ?
How do you know what system he has or if you have the same issue as you seem to think.... not following your logic here sir ?

RedSector73 wrote:
Are you the OP ?

No! you to?

gkhann wrote:

I too use Mokichu drivers, sadly it causes blue screen unless i remove/disable Nahimic Service (and if I use the Asus Supplied Audio Drivers, i get NO sound at all!)
It seems i just have to find an alternative "equaliser" and deem asus/realtek Nahimic to be "dead" - i never cared for radar, but sonic studio actually made my audio miles better for past 12 months.

To the OP: I would just disable Nahimic Service - it corrupts graphics card drivers, corrupts ton of things - I no longer trust it, after 4 days googling, the only way to fix any issues is to remove it entirely.