cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G751JT, Turn on TPM

Chris345
Level 7
I have a 6 year old ASUS ROG G751JT and except for some earlier battery problems this laptop is a champion.
Now With all the BS about Win 11 and the TPM requirements I have searched the UEFI (bios) and cannot find a TPM security chip switch. Probably don't have 2.0 but 1.2 would be nice.
Anyone have any luck with this or knowledge if there is ability to plug in a TPM 2 chip on the motherboard.
Thanks guys.:cool:
5 REPLIES 5

jdfrench3
Level 12
1. Run tpm.msc

Here's a copy of mine: Note the Specification Version (that's the version that Windows 11 is looking for).

2. My laptop is the G752VSK, having the Intel Core i7 7820HK CPU This is a 7th Gen Intel CPU (Windows 11 requires at least a 8th Gen Intel CPU)

3. My laptop is a 2017 model and still doesn't meet Windows 11 minimum requirements.

4. My Bios has no mention of TPM, I believe it is enabled through your Secure Boot function. You use the TPM.msc to clear the secure keys used during your secure boot.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
1. Run tpm.msc

Here's a copy of mine: Note the Specification Version (that's the version that Windows 11 is looking for).

2. My laptop is the G752VSK, having the Intel Core i7 7820HK CPU This is a 7th Gen Intel CPU (Windows 11 requires at least a 8th Gen Intel CPU)

3. My laptop is a 2017 model and still doesn't meet Windows 11 minimum requirements.

4. My Bios has no mention of TPM, I believe it is enabled through your Secure Boot function. You use the TPM.msc to clear the secure keys used during your secure boot.

I believe you need 8th Gen or later for TPM 2.0 to be available.

gr8john6 wrote:
I believe you need 8th Gen or later for TPM 2.0 to be available.

Read my post carefully.....

My G752VSK has a 7th gen Intel CPU and I posted a copy of my TPM.msc displaying a TPM version 2.0.

The TPM standard has been updated over the years, and its most recent release is TPM 2.0, which was released in October 2014.
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Sanctrum
Level 9
Chris345 wrote:
I have a 6 year old ASUS ROG G751JT and except for some earlier battery problems this laptop is a champion.
Now With all the BS about Win 11 and the TPM requirements I have searched the UEFI (bios) and cannot find a TPM security chip switch. Probably don't have 2.0 but 1.2 would be nice.
Anyone have any luck with this or knowledge if there is ability to plug in a TPM 2 chip on the motherboard.
Thanks guys.:cool:

I believe entire G751J series does not have ANY TPM. Not even 1.2. For others, please do not post solutions if you haven't tested it over G751J laptop.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Cant guaranteee it as I havent tried it but saw this elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NivpAiuh-s0