timetoy
Level 7
8 REPLIES 8

Grimpak
Level 8
Oh? Release notes?

bscool
Level 11
Just flashed to z590 Apex and now with bios 1007 when PTT is disabled it still shows enabled in bios after saving and exiting bios. Looks like it is disabled in Windows though from what I can see.

Edit looks like it is tied to Trusted Computing, disabling there turns it off in Windows.

PTT is enabled by default as is Trusted Computing(TC may have been enabled by default before, I don't remember). That is the only changes I have noticed so far.

itzjonjon69
Level 9
Flashed the 1007 and what was once stable on 902 bios is completely unstable on 1007. Voltages seem to have changed completely, reverting back to 902 for now.
13900KS | Z790 Apex | GSkill DDR5-8000 | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC

kvarq
Level 11
flashed the 1007 on my Apex XIII, did a quick test with GSAT, and... surprise over one hour and no errors on my 2x16 kit!
this is the first time I see this on this board, tried all bios versions I saw since 0106 till now the last two months, 2x16 were a no go for this board, even on XMP
this is clearly an improvement for me

I'll leave it more hours the nights will come to see if I'm reaching Apex XII stability =))

kvarq
Level 11
flashed the 1007 on my Apex XIII

same stuff with the 7F error, the USB issue (when a third device is plugged in, sometimes the keyboard is disconnecting for some reason) etc, some things noticed - EC version RKL updated from 014 to 015, PTT from disabled to enabled, and I can see "Trusted Computing" in 1007, was not there for me in 0903 🙂
probably I'll switch those off, since I'm on 21H1, no intention for W11 too soon, probably when it will be really out...

but I'll leave these default for now because who knows... after flash, did a quick test with GSAT, and... surprise over one hour and no errors on my 2x16 kit!
could not believe this, this is the first time I see on this board, tried all bios versions I saw since 0106 till now the last two months, 2x16 were a no go for this board, even on XMP
this is clearly an improvement for me, so probably

I'll leave it more hours the nights will come to see if I'm reaching Apex XII stability =))

kvarq
Level 11
flashed the 1007 on my Apex XIII

same stuff with the 7F error, the USB issue (when a third device is plugged in, sometimes the keyboard is disconnecting for some reason) etc, some things noticed - EC version RKL updated from 014 to 015, PTT from disabled to enabled, and I can see "Trusted Computing" in 1007, was not there for me in 0903 🙂
probably I'll switch those off, since I'm on 21H1, no intention for W11 too soon, probably when it will be really out...

but I'll leave these default for now because who knows... after flash, did a quick test with GSAT, and... surprise over one hour and no errors on my 2x16 kit!
could not believe this, this is the first time I see on this board, tried all bios versions I saw since 0106 till now the last two months, 2x16 were a no go for this board, even on XMP
this is clearly an improvement for me, so probably we're on the right track finally 😄

74lobster
Level 10
Hi, bios version 1007 has USB issues or not?
Someone has got a link to download bios 903 version for my ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO mobo?

Thanks in advance.
74lobster

74lobster wrote:
Hi, bios version 1007 has USB issues or not?
Someone has got a link to download bios 903 version for my ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO mobo?

Thanks in advance.

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xiii-hero-model/helpdesk_bios
Learn, Play Enjoy!