Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Ryzen 5900x Dark Hero x570 VERY high temps bios 3601

    Hello friends.

    I am currently rocking an ASUS Dark Hero X570 and a Ryzen 5900x (rest of build specs below).


    When I built this I had an issue with CPU temps due to the cpu getting 1.43v at all times, causing 60c+ at idle, and the moment I turned on a game it would shoot to 80c+ and get worse. After endless hours on forums and troubleshooting, I came across this video:


    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfkrp25dpQ0&t=444s



    After following these steps, I was able to get a stable 4.4ghz at 1.2v which gave me a decreased temp of around 65c after hours of gaming, -30 negative offset all core running BIOS v 3401 and D.O.C.P. on set to standard profile no tweaking. It worked very well and did not have any issues. Fast forward I purchased a LianLi 4.0 PCIe riser cable to vertically mount my ASUS strix 3080, and then updated bios to new stable v 3601 and right away the issues returned. However now when I put the card back in without vertical mount , and flash back bios to known good version, the issues returned even worse. Now at idle I'm about 70c and after half way through one game of COD for example the game crashes and I'm exceeding 84c cpu temps.

    Steps I have taken to try to remedy this:


    Removed riser cable and reinstalled GPU normally.
    Flashed bios BACK to known good version 3401
    Cleared CMOS
    Reinstalled Windows
    Reverted all bios settings back to standard/auto and did not mess with PBO/Curve Optimizer
    Purchased new AIO
    Created more aggressive fan curves

    No matter what my temps are insane and I cannot get this rig to cool down no matter what I try and its unusable. Only way I can get this rig to play games without crashing is just leaving all bios settings stock but temps are insane. At this point i'm pulling my hair out and any help is appreciated.


    Current build:

    -Lian Li 011 Dynamic

    -Ryzen 5900x

    -Asus Dark Hero X570

    -Asus Strix 3080 OC

    -Corsair Dominator platinum RGB 3200MHZ (8X32GB)

    -Corsair Elite Capellix AIO triple fan

    - WB Black 1TB and 500GB m.2

    -Corsair RMx 1000 PSU

  2. #2
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    174
    Posts
    2,263

    Hello,

    Regardless of setup, temps, specifically idle, can be higher than what some users are normally used to on other platforms due to how Zen handles idle core states. Undervolting Zen can be worthwhile, but some samples will need these higher voltages to sustain higher frequencies under single threaded workloads.

    What are your ambient temps?

    Have you tried using an aftermarket thermal compound such as Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut?

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello,

    Regardless of setup, temps, specifically idle, can be higher than what some users are normally used to on other platforms due to how Zen handles idle core states. Undervolting Zen can be worthwhile, but some samples will need these higher voltages to sustain higher frequencies under single threaded workloads.

    What are your ambient temps?

    Have you tried using an aftermarket thermal compound such as Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut?

    Thank you for responding. I will admit ambient temps are high in this very moment because AC is broken. However issues started almost 2 weeks ago since updating bios.

    I have after market arctic mx4. purchased Kryonaut but I think it was fake. temps were very high and CPU got stuck to AIO when that was applied.

    I just uninstalled and cleaned installed all chipset drivers and iCue. put -10 offset on curve optimizer and now idle temps are lower because v core keeps jumping anywhere from 1.0 to 1.25. hardware was never the issue, all issues happened after updating bios.

  4. #4
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    174
    Posts
    2,263

    The other thing to make sure of is if the system is actually idle. With the way cores are loaded up on these CPU, it doesn't take much load to impact the temperature when compared to Intel variants. If you're running iCue or another utility, then depending on the lighting effects or services used there will always be a small amount of load placed on the CPU. There is always load placed on the CPU in the UEFI, also.

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    The other thing to make sure of is if the system is actually idle. With the way cores are loaded up on these CPU, it doesn't take much load to impact the temperature when compared to Intel variants. If you're running iCue or another utility, then depending on the lighting effects or services used there will always be a small amount of load placed on the CPU. There is always load placed on the CPU in the UEFI, also.
    Once again I thank you for your reply, I always will because any support is welcomed. According to Task Manager, At "idle' I have never exceeded 5% load. So for the CPU to be at 75c under 5% load just seems a little insane.

    However new developments. After updating bios to 3601, I noticed that "Curve Optimizer" settings are now available in the "extreme tweaker" settings which is a new thing. Cleared CMOS and then made sure PBO was enabled and disabled FMAX enhancer. Now at 'idle" temps are much lower, however vcore is jumping around from 1.05-1.40. Very interesting?

  6. #6
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    174
    Posts
    2,263

    Quote Originally Posted by DelTacoBoi View Post
    Once again I thank you for your reply, I always will because any support is welcomed. According to Task Manager, At "idle' I have never exceeded 5% load. So for the CPU to be at 75c under 5% load just seems a little insane.

    However new developments. After updating bios to 3601, I noticed that "Curve Optimizer" settings are now available in the "extreme tweaker" settings which is a new thing. Cleared CMOS and then made sure PBO was enabled and disabled FMAX enhancer. Now at 'idle" temps are much lower, however vcore is jumping around from 1.05-1.40. Very interesting?
    No worries.

    Vcore fluctuation behaviour is normal when changing p states. As mentioned before, most RGB effects for example beyond static are often enough to elevate p states.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •