cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING + AMD Ryzen 5 3600 = -114°C CPU-Temp

SeriousSam8519
Level 7
Hello all,

I bought my new PC last year on Black Friday and the system functions are fine so far. The only problem is that my motherboard CPU sensor shows -114°C on CPU temp.
I have checked the correct temperature with two types of software, check out the attachments.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Regards
7 REPLIES 7

cekeu
Level 12
HWMonitor is probably wrong. Look at the temperature in the BIOS, it will be the reliable temperature.

Thanks for the quick reply! What options do I have to rule out a defect on the motherboard? I am sure that it had the correct temperature displayed in the BIOS at delivery. Unfortunately, the CPU was not yet supported, so I was forced to perform a BIOS update.

cekeu
Level 12
I think hwmonitor has a problem reading. We see that CoreTemp displays 42 ° for the processor. Go to the bios by clicking on the Delete or F2 key when starting the computer to look at the temperatures of the cpu and the motherboard. This will be the actual temperatures. Maybe you also have ArmoryCrate installed in which you can also see the temperatures.
But I think HWMonitor is unreliable on your motherboard.
CoreTemp looks more realistic.

The main problem is that the motherboard already shows the wrong value of about -114°C in the BIOS.
This is the only reason why I installed the two programs to check the value.

cekeu
Level 12
Ah yes, obviously there is a problem with the sensor. Can be tried by resetting the bios? (on the motherboard manual it says how to reset the bios).
And then maybe by unplugging all the cables from the board and components and reconnecting them?

I have such a problem. Is there any solution, please do everything?

SeriousSam8519
Level 7

After countless attempts to solve the problem, I had no choice but to claim the board as defective. I now have the successor, the B450 F2 in use. Thanks for all the help so far.