ROG Enthusiast Array KING DRANZER's Avatar

ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA Most Stable BIOS

What is the Most stable BIOS for ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA out for Overclocking CPU + RAM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by KING DRANZER View Post
    What is the Most stable BIOS for ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA out for Overclocking CPU + RAM.
    I am using the latest 3602 BIOS with good success on both my co curves and RAM oc. But because the results are also related to the CPU model and RAM compatibility, any specific BIOS version mentioned here may probably cause some random dude to come out of the shadows to throw curses at it and declare that he is getting better results with an ancient Sumerian bios version and nothing else provided better OC.

ROG Enthusiast Array wyliec2 PC Specs
    wyliec2 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorAMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 (2x16Gb)
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti
    MonitorViewSonic VP2768-4K PRO 27" 4K
    Storage #1Corsair MP600 1Tb Gen4 NVMe
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 500 GB x 2
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62 280mm AIO
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 450D
    Power SupplySeasonic Focus 850 Gold
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U (Merlin firmware)

I have the Crosshair VIII Formula with a 5950X, G.Skill 3600 CL16 RAM and I'm on 3501.

I have progressed from a 3950X to the 5950X and several of the initial 5-series BIOS seemed to have issues.

After a few tweaks I'm running an all-core OC at 4.5GHz and DOCP running the RAM at full speed.

I run many video encodes for which the all-core OC works much better than the PBO options.

I recently upgraded GPU to a Gigabyte 3080TI Gaming OC and it has worked flawlessly. I get great Cinebench and 3D-Mark scores and more importantly, it runs stably with Handbrake H265 4K encodes which take several hours - sometimes at 90%+ CPU utilization. Temps average 70C at the highest.

As it is, nothing is broken - it's doing everything I want/need it to do. Unless/until there's a specific reason to upgrade, I'll stick with 3501.