cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II Extreme Alpha M2_1 to AHCI ?

Swiso
Level 9
Hi,
I have installed as a main drive (OS) on M2_1 a 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S70.
It is running fine.
I just saw that there is a firmware update for this drive.
Attached are the instructions on how to update it.
They say that I must set the drive to AHCI on the BIOS.
How you do that ?
I am wrong or this is not possible in this board ? :confused:
I've checked and I don't see the possibility to change that setting in the BIOS....
Any suggestion ?
Thanks !

EDIT: I see the warning on the instructions about the backup...that is understood.
14 REPLIES 14

KraZy_SkitZy
Level 7
Unless your running in raid your default will be ahci. So don't sweat it unless you've enabled raid, if so you may hafta disable raid, can be more hassle than its worth depending on your raid setup if enabled.

KraZy_SkitZy wrote:
Unless your running in raid your default will be ahci. So don't sweat it unless you've enabled raid, if so you may hafta disable raid, can be more hassle than its worth depending on your raid setup if enabled.

Hello and thank you.
No, I don't have any RAID setup...

Strangely even Sabrent Rocket Control panel don't show any Sabrent Rocket Plus M2 drives...
Don't know what could prevent these programs to see the drives...
Any idea ?

Make sure your not running any specialty nvme drivers, like amds specific ones only run windows basic ones and sometimes an anti-virus can prevent a hard drive from being seen by programs. Also caching programs like amds storemi will prevent proper hard drive recognition and firmware updates.

KraZy_SkitZy wrote:
Make sure your not running any specialty nvme drivers, like amds specific ones only run windows basic ones and sometimes an anti-virus can prevent a hard drive from being seen by programs. Also caching programs like amds storemi will prevent proper hard drive recognition and firmware updates.

Thanks for the help !

I have checked on "devices management" and all the M2 drives have the same driver installed:

Nome driver: disk.inf
GUID classe: {4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Data driver: 06/21/2006
Versione driver: 10.0.19041.789
Provider driver: Microsoft
Sezione driver: disk_install.NT
Classificazione driver: 0xFF0005
ID dispositivo corrispondente: GenDisk
Driver prioritari:
Aggiornamento dispositivo: false
Dispositivo padre: {54cb850d-a731-8590-0628-1992592bd448}\rcbottom\7&6331a07&0&524287 the Italic number differ for each drive, but driver version and provider is the same for each drive.

Antivirus... my PC and my wife PC have the same antivirus....on her PC this program run fine...
Really have no idea what could be the cause....

Maybe try running the programs as "administrator"

Swiso
Level 9
Done that already...no difference.

"Interestingly" even CristalDiskInfo see only two HDD and an old Samsung 850 Pro, but not the M2 drives...q

Silly question, but are the drives formatted and usable in windows explorer? Run computer management, then goto disk management and see if they are partitioned and formatted

KraZy_SkitZy wrote:
Silly question, but are the drives formatted and usable in windows explorer? Run computer management, then goto disk management and see if they are partitioned and formatted

Yes, I see them on windows...I have programs on them and run fine.
On disk management I see all of them...they are all good.

RedSector73
Level 12
Just check that in ACHI mode

In the BIOS goto Advanced <- SATA Configuration <- SATA Mode and make sure ACHI has been selected. (I think it is default mode)