cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Tuf Dash F15 fx516pm nvidia GPU RTX 3060 died after Bios and VBIOS update

Maurarg
Level 7
As the title says, My FX516PM gpu died after bios and VBIOS update 318.

After restarting the system, I noticed that Armoury Crate was not showing any data about the GPU, only "Extreme power saving".
Then I Checked the Device manager and the GPU nvidia RTX 3060 was stopped because of a malfunction.

I had already reinstalled the system. Windows is Up to date and everything on MyAsus is up to date too.

VBIOS hotfix is installed too.

I wonder if anyone else had this issue. Before the update my laptop was working, and now I can only use the iGPU but if I try to use the nVidia RTX 3060, the system crash with BSOD with error "video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys".
I noticed that after using Asus recovery tool, I'm not able to open NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL, and apps only uses Intel XE Graphics and I cannot select the NVIDIA GPU.
2 REPLIES 2

rashdan
Level 7
Maurarg wrote:
As the title says, My FX516PM gpu died after bios and VBIOS update 318.

After restarting the system, I noticed that Armoury Crate was not showing any data about the GPU, only "Extreme power saving".
Then I Checked the Device manager and the GPU nvidia RTX 3060 was stopped because of a malfunction.

I had already reinstalled the system. Windows is Up to date and everything on MyAsus is up to date too.

VBIOS hotfix is installed too.

I wonder if anyone else had this issue. Before the update my laptop was working, and now I can only use the iGPU but if I try to use the nVidia RTX 3060, the system crash with BSOD with error "video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys".
I noticed that after using Asus recovery tool, I'm not able to open NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL, and apps only uses Intel XE Graphics and I cannot select the NVIDIA GPU.

try turning iGPU mode on and off
Or just reset windows
imo asus needs to find these serious bugs and fix Em

rashdan wrote:
try turning iGPU mode on and off
Or just reset windows
imo asus needs to find these serious bugs and fix Em

I sent my laptop to RMA, and the report said that GPU was faulty, so they gave a new laptop. This one also cannot hold 144fps on league of legends or valorant. What a shame.