ROG Member Array

Asus Tuf Dash F15 fx516pm nvidia GPU RTX 3060 died after Bios and VBIOS update

As the title says, My FX516PM gpu died after bios and VBIOS update 318.

After restarting the system, I noticed that Armoury Crate was not showing any data about the GPU, only "Extreme power saving".
    Then I Checked the Device manager and the GPU nvidia RTX 3060 was stopped because of a malfunction.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dbmd9auxfnb71.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	89372

I had already reinstalled the system. Windows is Up to date and everything on MyAsus is up to date too.

Name:	319ztxh1gnb71.png 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	89373
    VBIOS hotfix is installed too.

I wonder if anyone else had this issue. Before the update my laptop was working, and now I can only use the iGPU but if I try to use the nVidia RTX 3060, the system crash with BSOD with error "video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys".
    I noticed that after using Asus recovery tool, I'm not able to open NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL, and apps only uses Intel XE Graphics and I cannot select the NVIDIA GPU.

New ROGer Array

i did expenriced the same issue and i think armoury carte's igpu mode was on

Quote Originally Posted by Maurarg View Post
    As the title says, My FX516PM gpu died after bios and VBIOS update 318.

After restarting the system, I noticed that Armoury Crate was not showing any data about the GPU, only "Extreme power saving".
    Then I Checked the Device manager and the GPU nvidia RTX 3060 was stopped because of a malfunction.

Name:	dbmd9auxfnb71.png 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	89372

I had already reinstalled the system. Windows is Up to date and everything on MyAsus is up to date too.

Name:	319ztxh1gnb71.png 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	89373
    VBIOS hotfix is installed too.

I wonder if anyone else had this issue. Before the update my laptop was working, and now I can only use the iGPU but if I try to use the nVidia RTX 3060, the system crash with BSOD with error "video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys".
    I noticed that after using Asus recovery tool, I'm not able to open NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL, and apps only uses Intel XE Graphics and I cannot select the NVIDIA GPU.
    try turning iGPU mode on and off
    Or just reset windows
    imo asus needs to find these serious bugs and fix Em

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by rashdan View Post
    try turning iGPU mode on and off
    Or just reset windows
    imo asus needs to find these serious bugs and fix Em
    I sent my laptop to RMA, and the report said that GPU was faulty, so they gave a new laptop. This one also cannot hold 144fps on league of legends or valorant. What a shame.