cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change boot sequence so laptop loads SSD window automatically

Khazan_singh
Level 7
I have a Rog Strix laptop, it came without SSD. I recently installed an SSD and installed windows in SSD and erased the HDD. Now everytime I start the laptop, it shows an error screen that says Windows missing file, then it goes to boot menu and then restarting it gives me two Windows to select from, after I click the new volume, it loads up just fine but it does this everytime and takes few seconds to load windows, defeating the purpose to install SSD
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
How did you "erase" the HDD? it sounds like there is still boot information on that drive. Did you delete all of the partitions from the Disk Management screen?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I formatted the HDD when I installed the windows in the SSD. Any suggestion how I can remove the boot information from the HDD

Just make sure you select the correct drive to make primary so it cant delete the old one permanently

Khazan.singh wrote:
I formatted the HDD when I installed the windows in the SSD. Any suggestion how I can remove the boot information from the HDD

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-delete-drive-partition-windows-10
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…