cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GA35DX - change power supply

MFrost
Level 9
I would like to change my graphics card from rtx2080s to rtx3070ti. Now i have 700W power supply. What power watt should I use the power supply?
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
MFrost wrote:
I would like to change my graphics card from rtx2080s to rtx3070ti. Now i have 700W power supply. What power watt should I use the power supply?

850W or higher what CPU You Have

xeromist
Nvidia recommends 750w minimum for systems with the 3070ti. If you are not overclocking you might be able to use that 700w power supply, but no guarantees. Your Ryzen 9 can also be pretty power hungry so it might be more comfortable to just get a new PSU and keep the old one as a spare.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MFrost
Level 9
Which ASUS power supply will fit my computer?

xeromist
My guess is the manual doesn't specify PSU dimensions because one comes with the system but it's easy enough to figure out. ATX power supplies are generally the same height and width, varying the most by length (aka depth if we're looking at it as how far it extends from the rear panel of the case). So if you measure the existing PSU from the rear panel of the case to the front where the cords connect you can take that number and compare it to other PSUs online.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MetroidBoy777
Level 7

So, would a Corsair RM1000e  1000W Power Supply work? It says it is ATX. Good point in regards to keeping the old one as a spare.  I was thinking from an expandability standpoint just incase i want to go to higher end graphics cards and also add more fans and some misc upgrades.