cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog strix z590-e gaming wifi overclocking 11700k

meimeiriver
Level 8
Just bought an 11th gen Intel I7-11700K CPU, plus an ASUS STRIX Z590-A Gaming WIFI motherboard. It overclocked to 5G, on all cores, out of box. I wasn't particularly happy with that, though, as the CPU gets way too hot that way.

Odd thing is -- to my shock -- you can't really disable the A.I. Overclocking, just set a few options, like to stay within Intel safety limits. So I choose that. Except vcore, in HWMonitor is still exceptionally high, varying from 1.2 to 1.58 max -- the latter, of course, being way, way too high. And it still has all cores running at over 4 GHz.

So, where's the bloody 'stock' option on this motherboard?! I am all for a decent overclock, but over 1.4v core is really too much.
4 REPLIES 4

Hemimax
Level 8
BIOS>EZ Mode>Normal or
BIOS>AI Tweaker>ASUS MultiCore Enhancement>Disabled

Hi
I have same probem . Asus z590 -e wifi -11700k - 3600mhz32gb ram with Arttic 360 mm cpu cooler.Its chrahing under 1.4 v and it too hot .I do the firt time overckoking. I do not know how to do !

sefbacsi wrote:
Hi
I have same probem . Asus z590 -e wifi -11700k - 3600mhz32gb ram with Arttic 360 mm cpu cooler.Its chrahing under 1.4 v and it too hot .I do the firt time overckoking. I do not know how to do !

use vcore offset to drop the voltage.

Hi
If I drop down the voltage crashing too.