Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    174
    Posts
    2,263

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMachine View Post
    SOC (System on Chip) voltage is what drives all of the System on Chip devices, such as the I/O controller, Memory controller, etc. When you are overclocking you should set SOC to 1.1v, and you can increase that voltage up to 1.2v or 1.25v depending on who you listen too (AMD has not released any guidance around max SOC voltage).
    Hello,

    As above,



    1.2 to 1.25v is excessive and can potentially degrade the CPU, so this is poor tuning advice. No more than 1.15v should be needed if tuning correctly for daily use.


    As a rule of guidance, auto ruling on the Crosshair Hero VIII will set a value of 1.08v for 3600MHz. These values are often defined on a "worst case" policy, so you can see how far this is from the ceiling you have suggested
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ROG; 07-23-2021 at 06:33 AM.

  2. #12
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MeanMachine PC Specs
    MeanMachine PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)I enjoy my wife
    MotherboardCVI HERO + CVII Hero Wifi
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800X + 2700X
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 + F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX980 SC for CVFZ
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GTX 1080 hybrid
    Graphics Card #3GTX 770 for phys x
    Sound CardMB
    MonitorHP w2408h
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 840EVO 500GB and 960 M.2 pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105, H110 and H115i
    CaseCorsair 750D and 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX-1200i and Antec 850 pro platinum
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Razer Mamba
    Headset Corsair Vengeance 2100
    OS W7 Ultimate 64bit and W10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetcom Wireless NF18ACV
    MeanMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Reputation
    126
    Posts
    1,698

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello,

    As above,



    1.2 to 1.25v is excessive and can potentially degrade the CPU, so this is poor tuning advice. No more than 1.15v should be needed if tuning correctly for daily use.


    As a rule of guidance, auto ruling on the Crosshair Hero VIII will set a value of 1.08v for 3600MHz. These values are often defined on a "worst case" policy, so you can see how far this is from the ceiling you have suggested
    Thank you for your information however if you would be so kind as to link me to the FACT that AMD have set a ceiling of no more than 1.15v SOC it would be much appreciated. It seems to have become controversial both here and other forums regarding SOC voltages and what they do.

    I did originally state that excessive voltage can degrade the IMC and other MAX Overclockers have stated it is safe up to 1.25v yet you say it is excessive.

    Please remember the advice I gave is not for Daily use and given not as poor tuning advice. I state my comments from past experience.
    We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

    My System Specs:

    MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
    CPU:
    AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

    Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2



  3. #13
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    174
    Posts
    2,263

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMachine View Post
    Please remember the advice I gave is not for Daily use

    Best to state this in future!

    If testing a CPU sample methodically there will be drop off points where the system will become unstable, meaning more voltage is worse. The three samples I have here need no more than 1.1v for 4K 1:1.

  4. #14
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MeanMachine PC Specs
    MeanMachine PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)I enjoy my wife
    MotherboardCVI HERO + CVII Hero Wifi
    ProcessorRyzen 7 1800X + 2700X
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15 + F4-3200C14D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX980 SC for CVFZ
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GTX 1080 hybrid
    Graphics Card #3GTX 770 for phys x
    Sound CardMB
    MonitorHP w2408h
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2
    Storage #2Samsung 840EVO 500GB and 960 M.2 pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H105, H110 and H115i
    CaseCorsair 750D and 780T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX-1200i and Antec 850 pro platinum
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Razer Mamba
    Headset Corsair Vengeance 2100
    OS W7 Ultimate 64bit and W10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetcom Wireless NF18ACV
    MeanMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Reputation
    126
    Posts
    1,698

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Best to state this in future!
    Please refer to post #6 and thank you for your answer (not) to my query re "FACT that AMD have set a ceiling of no more than 1.15v SOC"
    Last edited by MeanMachine; 07-23-2021 at 12:15 PM.
    We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

    My System Specs:

    MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
    CPU:
    AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

    Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2



  5. #15
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    174
    Posts
    2,263

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMachine View Post
    Please refer to post #6 and thank you for your answer (not) to my query re "FACT that AMD have set a ceiling of no more than 1.15v SOC"

    Hello,

    If you happen to have access to enough CPU samples to conclude 1.25v is safe for SOC then feel free to continue on that adventure. AMD doesn't offer it's own guidance, however this much voltage should not be necessary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •