cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG32UQX panel defect

Zeist
Level 7
Greetings
I ordered my PG32UQX from a German shop on Friday. Shipping was quite fast and it arrived this morning.
I immediately noticed an issue, the panel was showing two light spots. I tried different panel testing apps, those spot are panel defects (very likely due handling/shipping) extremely visible on darker backgrounds.
Point is: a lot of people is reporting the same issue both in U.S. and Europe. Tonight i'll repack my 3500 euro monitor and send it back hoping i can get soon a replacement without this issue. There's people reporting to have found the same defect on three different PG32UQX (the first they got and two subsequent replacement). My problem is: this seems a very common issue.
I don't know if it's shipping companies fault or Asus screwed up the packaging design for this model, maybe nobody took in cosideration how more delicate mini-led panel are, i really don't know.
But it's a 3500 Dollars/Euros monitor, and too many customers are experiencing this.
This monitor performances seems stunning, i want to love it, but if you are considering buying it, beware, have a peek on reddit, maybe don't rush like i did.

i7 4960X 4500 MHz vcore 1.32
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz 16GB - 10-12-12-31-2T
Asus RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION Bios:0602
Asus GeForce GTX TITAN Black x 3 TriSLI
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 Max Iops
2xWD 7200rpm green 2Tb
Evga 1300W G2
Corsair Obsidian 900D
1 REPLY 1

revels
Level 7
Zeist wrote:
Greetings
I ordered my PG32UQX from a German shop on Friday. Shipping was quite fast and it arrived this morning.
I immediately noticed an issue, the panel was showing two light spots. I tried different panel testing apps, those spot are panel defects (very likely due handling/shipping) extremely visible on darker backgrounds.
Point is: a lot of people is reporting the same issue both in U.S. and Europe. Tonight i'll repack my 3500 euro monitor and send it back hoping i can get soon a replacement without this issue. There's people reporting to have found the same defect on three different PG32UQX (the first they got and two subsequent replacement). My problem is: this seems a very common issue.
I don't know if it's shipping companies fault or Asus screwed up the packaging design for this model, maybe nobody took in cosideration how more delicate mini-led panel are, i really don't know.
But it's a 3500 Dollars/Euros monitor, and too many customers are experiencing this.
This monitor performances seems stunning, i want to love it, but if you are considering buying it, beware, have a peek on reddit, maybe don't rush like i did.

You and I suppose everybody else man. I waited ages to get this monitor. It had everything I want as a developer and a gamer. IPS flat panel is very much good for photoshop and 3d printing and all that. But also 144hz. Great.
Well not great. I can't tell if the monitor is a general scam. That it should be advertised as in-game only. I don't mean game only. I mean in-game as absolutely all desktop stuff seems bad. My monitor was like yours. Bad. But when you watch videos of people promoting it online I swear you can still quite a bit of glow and people who claim to have a good one still talk about it. I played with all the settings I could. I talked to Asus directly and they said the panel is broken. Amazon wouldn't exchange it so I was forced to do a full refund. From what I can tell it seems like the quality control is real bad. But also it feels like QC with many things are bad right now across the board. I never send items back and over the past year or so i've had more bad products than I can remember.

I just hate that it wastes my time. I had to tear my workstation up and put that thing in just to find out its got wacky glow stuff going on. The Amazon reviews are terrible for such an expensive monitor. I wanted to try a second time but they wouldn't let me exchange. I guess I could buy another one and see how it goes but its hard to justify with seeing all the reviews and videos on youtube.