cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max XI F: BIOS 1902/1903 issues with XMP

BizSAR
Level 9
After flashing BIOS 1902 or 1903 on my Maximus XI Formula, if I set it to utilize XMPI or II, the platform makes a number of attempts to boot, then boots into BIOS safe mode. I'm able to reproduce this even with all other BIOS settings at default.
Flashing back to 1802, I have no issues.
CPU: i9-9900KF
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 3000 MHz, 4 x 8GB CL15 BLT8G4D30AET4K
Can provide more stats if needed.
BizSAR
53 REPLIES 53

Jed2021
Level 8
BizSAR wrote:
After flashing BIOS 1902 on my Maximus XI Formula, if I set it to utilize XMPI or II, the platform makes a number of attempts to boot, then boots into BIOS safe mode. I'm able to reproduce this even with all other BIOS settings at default.
Flashing back to 1802, I have no issues.
CPU: i9-9900KF
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 3000 MHz, 4 x 8GB CL15 BLT8G4D30AET4K
Can provide more stats if needed.

Same issue here, but on Maximus Hero XI , on both XMPI & II and thus far even trying to manually set my RAMs clocks causes the same behavior.

I have 4x8GB of TridentZ RGB F4-3000c16D-16GTZR RAM that says XMP 2 right on the stick, as well as a I9-9900k.

The timings that are set automatically by the board w/o selecting XMP are below the specs the sticks are rated for. No issues up until now. I also see with a curious search for "ASUS XMP" on Reddit/Google that other ppl seem to have been having similar issues with other boards in the last couple months, and seeing as we are the last to get this BIOs version (AFAIK) it might be a common thing. I'm not holding my breath on a speedy fix.

ibushovskiy
Level 7
Ladies and gentlemen, please check 1903 BIOS and my thread. I belive Asus has fixed issues with voltage and XMP profiles https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125128-1903-BIOS-ROG-MAXIMUS-XI-series&p=839893#post839893

BizSAR
Level 9
Nope, issue still exists exactly the same here. 😞 Guess I'll try and contact ASUS at this point.
BizSAR

vvoid
Level 8
Just to be clear, you guys say 1901 hasn't had this issue, but 1902/03 does?
I'm asking because I'm running on 1901 since its release and apart from slightly different memory timings I don't really have any issues. I probably shouldn't update to 1903 then?

vvoid wrote:
Just to be clear, you guys say 1901 hasn't had this issue, but 1902/03 does?
I'm asking because I'm running on 1901 since its release and apart from slightly different memory timings I don't really have any issues. I probably shouldn't update to 1903 then?

I didn't try 1901 since it was a beta, then pulled.
BizSAR

klepp0906
Level 7
not those bios' as i use a X formula but starting with the beta/resize'able bar bios ive had to drop my ram from 3466 to 3200 to maintain stability. Ive ran 3466 for literally years without so much as a hiccup.

started getting random memory corruption blue screens and macrium images began failing verification.

vvoid
Level 8
See my thread on this. Are you sure it isn't just because of having TPM configured to "Discrete TPM". This doesn't work anymore, at least for my settings.

BizSAR
Level 9
There is no "Discrete TPM" setting for the Maximus XI Formula. TPM is enabled in 1903, but for me, this issue occurs regardless of the TPM/PTT settings.
BizSAR

vvoid
Level 8
Well ok, I was assuming all the Z390 boards have this setting, Strix Z390-F here.
For me it's under PCH-FW Configuration in Advanced settings...