cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Low download speeds on Asus Zephyrus G14

eera5607
Level 7
Hi. I am having an issue with download speeds on some websites in my Asus Zephyrus G14.
For example, if I go to fast.com I get 100 Mbits download speed which is OK. Steam speeds are good as well. But some sites with good servers get capped at 10 Mbits or less. Some 20 Mbits or less. I know this is a problem because I can download files from the same servers (Serif software, Razer software, and most software websites that I use) at full speed from other computers.

• I have the latest drivers from Intel.
  • The Wi-Fi signal is strong.
  • Power saving mode is to maximum performance in the power options.
  • Boost Throughput is enabled.
  • Uninstalled GameFirst and nothing.
  • Do not use VPNs or Firewalls.
  • I am not using any other software that can use lots of broadband.

What else can I do? Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

eera5607
Level 7
So, I don't know exactly what the problem was but apparently it has something to do with configuration.*

The solution in this case was to use a tool called*SG TCP Optimizer and select "Optimal configuration" on the bottom right. Then click apply to set the new settings.*
After that the download speeds are as good as in any other device.*

Thanks all for the help.

eera5607 wrote:
So, I don't know exactly what the problem was but apparently it has something to do with configuration.*

The solution in this case was to use a tool called*SG TCP Optimizer and select "Optimal configuration" on the bottom right. Then click apply to set the new settings.*
After that the download speeds are as good as in any other device.*

Thanks all for the help.

This also worked for me!!!!! (Installing SG TCP Optimizer and clicking the "Optimal" box at the bottom)!!! Thank you so much!!!! There must be some type of configuration error in the default network settings. Every time I do any type of speed test, my Zephyrus G14 laptop would be super slow compared to my other laptop on the same network!

BigJohnny
Level 13
An internet speed test is dependant on where the download is coming from.
Better test is Lan speed test where you can connect to another device and check internal speed.
Simply enter a destination and test across your LAN to prove the wireless connection.

https://totusoft.com/lanspeed