cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING - how to save SecureBoot keys?

maderas
Level 7
I enabled SecureBoot last month while fiddling with the Windows 11 compatibility tool. I'd like to save my SecureBoot keys to a USB for safekeeping, but when I attempt to do so I'm greeted with this:

I have no idea what I'm looking at here, and the options are all the same regardless of whether or not I have a flash drive plugged into any of my USB ports. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I was under the impression I should just be able to see the thumbdrive and select it as the file system.
3 REPLIES 3

BigJohnny
Level 13
Is your USB plugged into the USB slot labeled BIOS slot and formatted fat32 with nothing else on it?
Cant see your attachment.

It was not plugged into the BIOS slot no, I thought that was for flashing the BIOS only. Should it be used for this as well?

Imgur link of the attachment:
https://imgur.com/K6te34b

Like I said, I can't tell what any of this is. I have a solid state drive as my primary drive and a mechanical drive as a secondary, that's the only storage media in my computer.

I have tried again after double checking that the flash drive is formatted to fat32 and plugging it into the BIOS USB port on the motherboard, but I'm still presented with the same options when choosing to save my SecureBoot keys. I could see the flash drive in the boot order options, so it's being detected, but I have no idea what the SecureBoot file system options I'm being presented with are after I choose 'save all secure boot variables'.