CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime TX-1000
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2 Low Profile Speed
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Steelseries 9H
    Mouse Pad Razer Exact Mat Xspeed
    Headset/Speakers Teufel Concept E
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Just wanted to give you an update on my situation. The USB disconnects in my machine had meanwhile come back and became even more critical. Also compared to how strong they were in the beginning. And in addition after a while also my graphics adapter created black and blue-screens regularly and always directly after I heard that typical Windows sound when a USB device disconnected.

Sometimes I had to restart my PC ten times before it ran stable at least for some hours (and only by hard resetting it). Benchmarks were all fine. I stress-tested the CPU and the RAM. Ran PC-Mark, 3D-Mark, Furmark and all of that w/o problems (but of course each time only after I got the machine running properly).

I updated all drivers, the boards firmware, etc., even the firmware of my monitor. Nothing helped. In the end I decided to replace the board and ordered an EVGA X570 FTW which arrived last week. Over the weekend I did an "open heart" surgery on my PC, replacing the motherboard. And voilÃ*, now it runs as smoothly as you'd expect it to be. Will now get in contact with the retailer in order to find out what to do with the Dark Hero board. It should still be in the warranty period.

I always trusted Asus as a premium brand. I don't know what they were thinking releasing such a crappy product. I have many other hardware components from Asus that all work fine. But this was a great disappointment.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Baio73 PC Specs
    Baio73 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme BIOS 0606
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5900X
    Memory (part number)2x16Gb Corsair Dominator 3600 CAS14
    Graphics Card #1AMD RX 6900 XT
    MonitorLG 34GK950F
    Storage #1Samsung 980PRO 512Gb NVMe
    Storage #2WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i Elite Capellix
    CaseLian Li 011D XL
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Logitech G512
    Mouse Logitech ProX Superlight + Powerplay
    Headset G933 Artemis Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM 700 RGB
    Headset/Speakers Logitech G560
    OS Windows 11 64bit
    Network RouterLynksys EA6500
    Accessory #1 Corsair Commander Pro XT
    Accessory #2 10xCorsair QL120 RGB fan

Quote Originally Posted by babelfish View Post
    Just wanted to give you an update on my situation. The USB disconnects in my machine had meanwhile come back and became even more critical. Also compared to how strong they were in the beginning. And in addition after a while also my graphics adapter created black and blue-screens regularly and always directly after I heard that typical Windows sound when a USB device disconnected.

Sometimes I had to restart my PC ten times before it ran stable at least for some hours (and only by hard resetting it). Benchmarks were all fine. I stress-tested the CPU and the RAM. Ran PC-Mark, 3D-Mark, Furmark and all of that w/o problems (but of course each time only after I got the machine running properly).

I updated all drivers, the boards firmware, etc., even the firmware of my monitor. Nothing helped. In the end I decided to replace the board and ordered an EVGA X570 FTW which arrived last week. Over the weekend I did an "open heart" surgery on my PC, replacing the motherboard. And voilÃ*, now it runs as smoothly as you'd expect it to be. Will now get in contact with the retailer in order to find out what to do with the Dark Hero board. It should still be in the warranty period.

I always trusted Asus as a premium brand. I don't know what they were thinking releasing such a crappy product. I have many other hardware components from Asus that all work fine. But this was a great disappointment.
    I'm happy you solved, and at the same time it's sad to read that 1 (probably) defective product can crack your trust in a brand.
    I know it's personal opinion I'm talking about here, but as you said, many products => no issues, 1 product=> issues... that's not enough for me.

Hope you'll enjoy your EVGA mobo!

Baio
    CASE Lian Li 011D XL CPU AMD Ryzen 5900X COOLER Corsair H150i Elite Capellix MOBO Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme RAM 2x8 Corsair 4000C19D PSU Corsair AX1500i VGA AMD RX 6900 XT DISPLAY LG 34GK950GF AUDIO Logitech G560 SDD Samsung 980PRO 512Gb NVMe - Seagate FireCuda 530 NVMe 1Tb - WD Black SN850 2Tb NVMe NPUT Logitech ProX Superlight + Powerplay + Corsair MM700 RGB - G512

New ROGer Array babelfish PC Specs
    babelfish PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair Dark Hero VIII
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 64 GB Kit 3600 CL16
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus 3080 Ti Xtreme
    Sound CardCreative Soundblaster AE-9
    MonitorGigabyte Aorus FI27Q-P WQHD
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD (2 TB)
    Storage #2Corsair MP600 Pro XT (4 TB)
    CPU CoolerCorsair iCUE H150i
    CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime TX-1000
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2 Low Profile Speed
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Steelseries 9H
    Mouse Pad Razer Exact Mat Xspeed
    Headset/Speakers Teufel Concept E
    OS Windows 10 Pro

TBH ... currently it's just this one product, yeah. But in the past I had issues with other pieces of hardware from Asus as well. I owned one of the Lamborghini branded notebooks from Asus in the early 2000's and later a high end nVidia graphics card that caused many problems due to design flaws to give just two examples. And it seems it's always the more expensive products from Asus that fail to deliver.

Basically, you can say that I was put off by Asus at times. Then, after good reviews, sometime later I came back as a customer and didn't regret it for a while. Until then at some point a new problem with a piece of hardware occurred and one just couldn't understand how it happened and why Asus reacted so badly to it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3