cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF GAMING B550-PLUS USB C 3.2 problem

stonewales
Level 7
Got hp reverb g2 vr headset and the cable for it is USB-C and the motherboard has a USB-C but does not work with the ubs-c port i have a USB-C® to A adapter
that came with the headset and using the port above which is 3.2 as well works but now ive lost a port i was using - i know what you all will say just buy a powered hub - but thats not the point why have a port that not working as it should when i got the motherboard for that reason in the first place .
yes bios is upto date TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS-ASUS-2403 - i know another is up but waiting until checked but it does say that the fault was fixed afew updates ago.
8 REPLIES 8

RedSector73
Level 12
Update to the latest BIOS. Recent AGESA updates have been aimed at this USB issues.

Download and install the latest AMD chipset drivers
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

the b550 version of the driver comes up for AMD systems only and drops out 🙂

stonewales wrote:
the b550 version of the driver comes up for AMD systems only and drops out 🙂

Not following you, the chipset driver is the same for all AM4 platforms, there is no special b550 driver?

had to use the ASUS installer to get the driver to see the machine and still the same problem with the USB-C port oh well just have to buy a powered hub
more money 😞

stonewales wrote:
had to use the ASUS installer to get the driver to see the machine and still the same problem with the USB-C port oh well just have to buy a powered hub
more money 😞

I actually cannot follow what your writing, I going to assume you did not install the AMD chipset drivers then from link provided ?
And decided to follow a different path to fix your issue.

I did use the drivers from the AMD web site but to get the drivers to install had to use the ASUS install other wise the driver just dropped out saying
FOR AMD SYSTEMS ONLY in a tab when i ran the file .
So i just used the ASUS install that comes with my motherboard - two files ASUSSetUp.exe and the AMD_Chipset_Software.exe and just replaced the old AMD_Chipset_Software.exe with the new AMD_Chipset_Software.exe file to get the software to install no idea why this happens just now this is how i had
to do to get it to install .
So BIOS upto date and drivers upto date And still the USB-C port does not work with the VR headset 😞

RedSector73
Level 12
It sounds to me like you have a windows issue going on. Might be time for a fresh installation.

Had two intel drivers on machine used device manager to uninstall them then used Ccleaner to sort the reg and restarted now the AMD chipset installer works shame did not fix the problem with Usb-C 3.2 port ...