cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B560-F Gaming Wifi and LG C1 4K TV - no signal from PC unless I reboot

mike_1
Level 7
Hi all,

TL;DR – LG TV will not get a signal from HTPC with Asus ROG Strix B560-F Gaming Wifi / Intel i5-11500 unless the PC is rebooted or restarted.

I just rebuilt my HTPC as per above spec and at present (due to the crazy prices) I do not have a graphics card so using onboard GPU. Connecting via the HDMI port on the back panel to my new 55" LG C1 4K OLED and it will not pick up any signal from the PC unless I reboot the machine. Once I do that it then picks up a signal and all is well but then if I turn the TV off or put it on standby then come back later or the next day, again the PC input says "no signal". This is a massive pain as obviously I can't be rebooting every time I want to watch something – especially as the HTPC is my main source of TV and movies. Using the same PC and the same HDMI cable I could connect to my old Panasonic G15 plasma without issues.

I've tried multiple HDMI cables (both 2.1 and older versions), all 4 of the ports on the TV, I've disconnected and reconnected everything about 3 times, tried changing screen modes, turning Game Optimiser (in the TV settings) on and off, all with no luck. My other sources (PS3, Cable box) are picked up with no issue .

All of this leaves me not knowing how to proceed – LG tech support just advised the normal crap I tried above and then just gave up and said it's a Windows or PC issue. I've googled and tried a few things like turning off fast boot and playing around the modes on the TV with no luck - it just seems there is no HDMI signal being sent from the HDMI port (or being picked up by the TV) unless I reboot.

Someone on the LG forum suggested I post here in case this is a BIOS setting issue - anyone have any idea what I might try to solve this? Could it be something to do with resolution or frequency (60/120Mhz)?
1 REPLY 1

mike_1
Level 7
OK, I *think* I've solved it (so far so good) - basically it was the power and sleep settings causing it because the screen was set to sleep after 10 minutes - which makes sense of course. Once I set that to never sleep it seems to work, though strangely if connect to the HTPC from another machine via Remote Desktop (which I do frequently) it goes back to No Signal. However when I finish the RD session the TV does seem to pick up the signal again so no issue there really as i don't need duplicate sessions.

What I'm really annoyed about is that I've used Windows since 3.1 so I can't believe I didn't think of that as the first thing to look at... ugh 😞