cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF Gaming Pro x570 / Intel I225-V NIC issue

NTP66
Level 7
First thing's first - this isn't the same issue that I've seen both here and on Intel's site, where people experience packet loss. In my case, the adapter in Device Manager actually fails to start entirely, throwing "The device cannot start. Operation failed." errors in the event log. Disabling and re-enabling the NIC doesn't resolve it, nor does uninstalling the NIC (and killing the drivers). I can also confirm that I have the v3 of this chip, which is apparently unaffected by that other issue.

The only temporary resolution that I have found is to actually uninstall the NIC and drivers, shut down the box, kill the power to the PSU for 10 seconds, turn it back on, and reinstall the NIC. It doesn't matter which driver I use, either - straight from ASUS, or Intel's site, the problem persists. It's also random. I built this box last week, and have had to perform this procedure twice now, where I'm good for a few days and then it's back.

Anyone else experiencing this oddball issue? The workaround has been consistent, but I'd prefer to not have to actually continue doing this.
1 REPLY 1

Piers
Level 8
I have the EXACT same issue with a brand new B550-E. The only way to fix it really is to disconnect power. I can't believe Asus allowed this through QC.
AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
ASUS ROG Strix B550-E (the worst motherboard I've owned in 25 years)
Corsair H150i Pro XT 360mm
32GB Corsair VENGEANGE LPX 3600MHz CL18
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Hybrid w/ 280mm radiator
M.2 WD 1TB SN550 | 2 * WD Blue 1TB SATA | 2 * Toshiba N300 8TB | 400TB on a 48-bay Supermicro server
Corsair RM850X
Fractal Meshify 2
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro