cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VD - SSD Upgrade

Gabryu317
Level 7
Hi

I would like to add new SSD disk to my laptop GL553VD-FY033T, but I'm not sure if it will work, because I had already some problems with new SSD.

I had installed already Samsung 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe 980, but laptop could't turn on with it, so I returned it to the shop. People from the shop had made some tests and this SSD showed some signs of error, so they sent it to the producer. Now I'm interested in Samsung 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe 970 PRO (or 512GB, I will choose one of them), because it is made with MLC technology intead of TLC, which makes it more durable. It's important to me, because it will be my system disk in laptop for years.

I would ask you for advice whether it will work or not. I want to boot from SSD also, but i heard that there can be some problems. I'm planning to use Samsung software to migrate data from current HDD to new SSD. Then i want to make a test (to know if i can boot from SSD) with HDD demounted and finally mount and format old HDD.

Thank you in advice
1 REPLY 1

yashu
Level 7

Hi Buddy,

I have the same plan for my PC (Gl553 VD) too, what did work for you? I am willing to take Samsung 980 SSD 1TB.