cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xg43uq monitor HDR issues on PS4 Pro and PS5

pitoventitre
Level 7
Hi everyone,
I’m the owner of this new monitor and so far I’m facing some issues with the Sony consoles and HDR.

On PS4 Pro side I’m unable to have 4K HDR 60hz, the visual setting available saying for 4K resolution: 24hz (rgb) 25hz (rgb) and 30hz (rgb) with HDR activated.
But in fact the console and monitor can not display 30hz with the result of a resolution of 4K without HDR. (HDR monitor settings remain greyed out). The monitor activates automatically HDR mode only if previously setting the resolution @1080p.

On PS5 instead the refresh rates available @4k with HDR are from 24hz (rgb) to 60hz (rgb) no 120hz mention. I fixed this by activating the “HDR always� mode by the PS5 video setting menu, and doing this I can reach 4k HDR 120hz (yuv422).

For an unknown reason on PS4 Pro the HDR can not reach 4k 60hz in yuv422 but seems to handle only rgb signal reaching 30hz maximum (or 1080p HDR 60hz). But on PS5 instead the HDR can reach 4k 120hz in yuv422 only by forcing HDR via settings menu.
Very strange because it seems that the XG43UQ can not automatically switch from rgb to YUV422, when it is fine capable to support this color mode.

Maybe a monitor bug I think… any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Here the PS5 and PS4 Pro video info with the monitor:

0 REPLIES 0