Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    New ROGer Array

Considering everything I've tried so far, I believe it to be either a firmware issue with the NVMe/SSD controller being mis-identified, therefor not loading the driver, or a TPM issue with missing/corrupt/expired certificates or certificate authorities.

Considering the logs showing that they cannot find the drives when attempted through the upgrade process from insider previews, and that it won't boot from ISO image written to USB or DVD by the official Microsoft media creation tool, more likely the controller / driver issue.

Had at least some hope from ASUS when the G703 pages were down and my G703 device record disappeared from my profile, but record is back and the G703 drivers/bios haven't changed.

Alas, sitting, waiting, frustrated at over 2 months of attempts to get ASUS to take ownership of their problem...

ROG Junior Member Array

I have the same problem with my G703 however would like to no if any other ASUS machines are having this problem.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Hi Guys, a quick Google and you'll find that G703 will support Windows 11. If there is a problem with installing the official version then let us know.
    https://www.asus.com/microsite/2021/windows11/device/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROG G-Series NBs.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	90218

New ROGer Array

IThe problem is still there, just as I've said it was for over 2 months.

There are at least 10 different owners across multiple threads, some on Microsoft Discord channel, ASUS Rog Discord Channel, Microsoft Insider forums, this ASUS support channel.

I've alsio had multiple calls from ASUS support over an ASUS Support ticket that has now reached at least -20 for the number of back and forths.

This is a platform problem that effects EVERY G703GXR sold by ASUS. I would not be surprised if it effects any G703 series laptop or others using similar hardware.

It is super easy to replicate. Just take a G703GXR and try to upgrade to Windows 11, or hell, just try to boot from either Flash Drive or DVD Installation media (official Microsoft Media Creation tool). It will power on, perform most of the post work, strobe the USB ports, then hangs before reaching SCoD. The hang will last until you physically power off the laptop. I've let it sit for at least 48 hours before with no change.

I tried to get ASUS support to work with ne on this issue for 2 months *BEFORE* Windows 11 was released so that ASUS wouldn't get a black eye from all the users complaining about it after the new Windows version was released.

Please note, that Windows 10, 21H2 also has the same problem, so it is obviously a change they made first for 21H2, then rolled that into Windows 11;

Please work on this at your highest priority.

New ROGer Array

From the setup logs:

Drive 6 is the storage space made up of 2 x 512GB 970 Pros, 2 x 1TB 980 SSD and 1 x 2TB QVO solid state drives.

It only has one partition as drive d.

FindGlobalPath: Cannot find volume name for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HardDisk3\Partition2. Error: 0x0000007B

This is my C:\> Drive

FindGlobalPath: Cannot find volume name for \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HardDisk6\Partition1. Error: 0x0000007B

This is my D:\> Drive

Basically tells me that it is NOT loading the correct disk controller driver, which is odd, as it is a standard Intel controller.

Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller...

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_282A&SUBSYS_17011043&REV_10\3&115 83659&0&B8

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

As both Blake and I had mentioned previously, we did not provide support until the official release had rolled out. Now that it has, we will certainly do what we promised - provide support for all the G703 models listed on the microsite. Please do not spam the forum for support regarding unofficial OS releases, software, or drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Battleskar View Post
    IThe problem is still there, just as I've said it was for over 2 months.

There are at least 10 different owners across multiple threads, some on Microsoft Discord channel, ASUS Rog Discord Channel, Microsoft Insider forums, this ASUS support channel.

I've alsio had multiple calls from ASUS support over an ASUS Support ticket that has now reached at least -20 for the number of back and forths.

This is a platform problem that effects EVERY G703GXR sold by ASUS. I would not be surprised if it effects any G703 series laptop or others using similar hardware.

It is super easy to replicate. Just take a G703GXR and try to upgrade to Windows 11, or hell, just try to boot from either Flash Drive or DVD Installation media (official Microsoft Media Creation tool). It will power on, perform most of the post work, strobe the USB ports, then hangs before reaching SCoD. The hang will last until you physically power off the laptop. I've let it sit for at least 48 hours before with no change.

I tried to get ASUS support to work with ne on this issue for 2 months *BEFORE* Windows 11 was released so that ASUS wouldn't get a black eye from all the users complaining about it after the new Windows version was released.

Please note, that Windows 10, 21H2 also has the same problem, so it is obviously a change they made first for 21H2, then rolled that into Windows 11;

Please work on this at your highest priority.

Moderator Array

Hello Battleskar,
    Since the Official Win11 has been released.
    Please kindly reply in below thread.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...940#post844940
    and let's discuss about the official version there.
    Thank you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4