Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Question PCI-E 4.0 x16 ROG Riser Cable

    Hello ROG-lovers!
    Do you have any insights information? Soon, ROG will start selling the RTX 3000 series. These video cards are based on the PCI-E 4.0 x16 bus.
    There is a ROG Riser Cable on sale now, but it only supports PCI-E 3.0 x16.
    Is ROG planning to create a ROG Riser Cable PCI-E 4.0 x16 for the RTX 3000 series graphics cards?
    I really want to install the new video card vertically in my ROG Helios.
    Many thanks!

  2. #2
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by POSTREALITY View Post
    Hello ROG-lovers!
    Do you have any insights information? Soon, ROG will start selling the RTX 3000 series. These video cards are based on the PCI-E 4.0 x16 bus.
    There is a ROG Riser Cable on sale now, but it only supports PCI-E 3.0 x16.
    Is ROG planning to create a ROG Riser Cable PCI-E 4.0 x16 for the RTX 3000 series graphics cards?
    I really want to install the new video card vertically in my ROG Helios.
    Many thanks!

    Hello, i was wondering the same thing, i have a rog strix RTX 3090 and rog maximus xiii pcie 4.0 motherboard with i9-11900k cpu. I want to install the gpu vertically, is there any pcie 4.0 riser cable available for sale ? did a google search but haven't found anything so i can trust . Did you found out ?

  3. #3
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    178
    Posts
    2,342

    There are one or two available on the market, however they do come at a price. You’d need to weigh up how crucial it is given the small performance delta. One of the companies is LINKUP.

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    There are one or two available on the market, however they do come at a price. You’d need to weigh up how crucial it is given the small performance delta. One of the companies is LINKUP.
    Being LINKUP is the only company claiming they have one of the only 4.0 Cables lacking the “Certified” tag really makes me question if they are only boasting this to sell cables hoping people will buy them since it’s a niche and very competitive market. Asus cables look nearly exact and cost the same yet don’t attach any claim lf 4.0 compatibility.Â*

    I’ve run into the BSOD and Black post screens because of a riser cable on my 3090 and it was all due to the cable.
    Right now I think people will have to choose wether they want to sacrifice bus speed for looks or utilizing the port to it’s full potential by mounting the card straight to the board. For myself i’m going with board mount to eliminate all possibility of data issue and crashing over a cable. Until they have an actual “Certified 4.0” speed cable people should remain with standard mounting unless they really want the look factor with side mounting their video card. Â*
    Â*

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by DjDerex View Post
    Hello, i was wondering the same thing, i have a rog strix RTX 3090 and rog maximus xiii pcie 4.0 motherboard with i9-11900k cpu. I want to install the gpu vertically, is there any pcie 4.0 riser cable available for sale ? did a google search but haven't found anything so i can trust . Did you found out ?
    Hi, Friend!
    I have seen LINKUP cables, but when building a ROG assembly, I do not want to use third-party cables at all, the manufacturers of which I do not trust.
    My ROG components cost me more than $8000, I don't want to break them with a low-quality cable.
    Therefore, I will put my gpu vertically only when ASUS release the official cable. While this cable is not there, I will install my ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING horizontally.
    Good luck!

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array corb06 PC Specs
    corb06 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Samsung Series 9
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus IX Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GTX 980 TI OC
    MonitorAsus ROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15
    CaseNZXT H630
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 P2
    Keyboard Logitech K750
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset Razer Chimaera 5.1
    Mouse Pad Logitech
    Headset/Speakers Creative ZiiSound T6
    OS Windows 10 Creators Update
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC66U

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by POSTREALITY View Post
    Hi, Friend!
    I have seen LINKUP cables, but when building a ROG assembly, I do not want to use third-party cables at all, the manufacturers of which I do not trust.
    My ROG components cost me more than $8000, I don't want to break them with a low-quality cable.
    Therefore, I will put my gpu vertically only when ASUS release the official cable. While this cable is not there, I will install my ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-O24G-GAMING horizontally.
    Good luck!
    Strange that they have not come out with PCI-E 4.0 cable yet. I also want to set my Asus 3090 vertically, cause I heard someone said that the fan rattleing at 75% is gone or reduced when vertically mounted. But I guess I have to wait.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •