cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog-maximus-xii-hero-wifi-asus-2301

Lith1um
Level 7
So, the Maximus XII Hero Wifi support page posted a bios update, 2301, and the pulled it down the next day.
The description listed it as a "Windows 11" bios. I'm running the Win 11 Dev Channel latest build.

"ROG-MAXIMUS-XII-HERO-WIFI-ASUS-2301.zip"

I installed it, didn't really notice anything different. Anyone else install it?

Anyone at Asus care to elaborate on this bios, and why it was taken down?
8 REPLIES 8

Saltgrass
Level 13
I have been running 2103 since mid April. Is your number a typo or did they have one after 2201..I haven't seen any problems running Win 11 with 2103...
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Lith1um
Level 7

Saltgrass
Level 13
I just went to 2201.. Got a Green screen the first time I entered my PIN on the lock screen. Reboot went fine so I will see if I was presented with a Dump file.

I have noticed some things. I saw a warning about Bitlocker which I don't remember seeing before. The size of the last two .CAP files, not 2301, is about 20% larger than previous updates.

It resets the PTT to Disabled, which may not be good for a Win 11 Experience if you don't catch it during the reboot.

Still no sign of a 2301 version..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

rottentreats
Level 7
I too downloaded and flashed "ROG-MAXIMUS-XII-HERO-WIFI-ASUS-2301.ZIP" on 7/24, which looks to have been removed from the website day or two later. Didn't notice much different (compared the profile txt files and nothing new was there)

Thanks for posting. This isn't the first time they've posted a bios and immediately pulled it.
Oh well, My win 11 install seems to be fast and stable for the most part. No problems with War Thunder, FS2020, Cinebench, or Prime95.
All the Win 11 security features like TPM are working properly.

rottentreats
Level 7
No problemo, didn't want you to think you were alone. Looks like 2301 is back on the website as of today 8/3.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I just downloaded it and noticed one fairly important setting regarding Win 11 was changed from a PTT default of disabled to enable.. I was concerned that setting might mess up the TPM 2.0 requirement in Win 11..but now that is taken care of.

Just got it installed so I have not noticed any problems.

By the way, I just bounced down to the Beta channel since you can do that right now, before another Dev update comes out. That update may come out today..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

I'm getting random BSOD in this version. I downgraded to 2103 which is working fine.