Memory (part number)HX436C18FB3K4/128
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming 6GB
    Storage #11000GB Patriot Viper VP4300 M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 3D-NAND TLC
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12A
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750
    Accessory #1 5x140FANs PushPull

Quote Originally Posted by NuadaXXX View Post
    I mean Reset RGB to default over the bios. (to factory reset) (i think its a good way as workaround)
    atm i have no issues no sleep no colt start, after ich changed the RGB settings to a other in Armoury Crate. (but it is not 100% sync if i change LED to off, if i turn pc off, then the RGB goes not fully off, changed over Armoury.
    it also fixed the start problems from the Dark Hero of me friend with changed RGB settings
    Hi NuadaXXX,
    I don't quite understand what exactly you changed in the BIOS and in the app? The order is certainly not completely unimportant, too?
    Maybe you can give a step by step guide ...then I and others can test and confirm if it leads to success.

So just turning off RGB in Armory App is not your trick, right?

Regards

New ROGer Array

Exclamation Possible solution to SLEEP ISSUE!

Quote Originally Posted by JBROG87 View Post
    Considering that I am seeing some people have the same issue with a new/replacement board is making me think it might be a BIOS firmware issue rather than hardware related?
    The chances of 2 boards having the same issue is very unlikely, unless Asus suddenly forgot how to make proper motherboards.

My dark hero has the problem but otherwise works perfectly. I have enabled S4 + S5 in the bios which erradicates any start up problem. I can use Hibernate/Sleep without any issues, ever, as long as that setting is turned on.

I hope ASUS can finally understand the problem and address it !
    I registered to share this information.

I looked into this, being intrigued by NuadaXXX's response.

I tried turning off AURA in the bios. When I turned on the "AURA OFF" setting, my computer would shut down after saving to CMOS and NOT respond to the power button anymore afterwards. This was exactly the same behavior like when it fails to wake from sleep. Motherboard LED's on etc, no response from keyboard/power button to wake from sleep. And wouldn't work anymore until powercycling the whole PSU as mentioned in this thread many times.

Figured I had found a 'connection' here.

So following that I tried setting AURA to STEALTH mode which turns off ALL lighting after POST (including the POST LED and status leds etc.) and that actually FIXED my problem.

So thank you very much NuadaXXX for this idea!!

I haven't had a single problem with waking from sleep ever since. Even after sleeping for extended periods of 8-12 hours.

Just for consistency/reproduction sake; I have also enabled the S4+ S5 ERP feature, but that didn't actually fix anything for me. However, I left it enabled.

So to reproduce my "fix" you would have to enable that S4+S5 ERP feature and set your AURA setting to "Stealth" mode.

I am guessing the ErP function isn't actually necessary for the fix to work, but I could be wrong. So if it doesn't work for you with it off, try with it on S4+S5.

Hope this can be fixed in a future bios update if this turns out to fix the issue for more people!

Try it for yourself and spread the word!

edit: some details about my setup for bios dev if it helps: 2x16gb dual rank 3600 16 19 19 39 XMP profile @ 1.35v (kit on QVL) / 3900X stock voltages / 3080Ti BIOS Version 3801
    Last edited by Aalz0r; 11-23-2021 at 02:33 PM.

New ROGer Array

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Aalz0r View Post

I tried turning off AURA in the bios. When I turned on the "AURA OFF" setting, my computer would shut down after saving to CMOS and NOT respond to the power button anymore afterwards. This was exactly the same behavior like when it fails to wake from sleep. Motherboard LED's on etc, no response from keyboard/power button to wake from sleep. And wouldn't work anymore until powercycling the whole PSU as mentioned in this thread many times.

So following that I tried setting AURA to STEALTH mode which turns off ALL lighting after POST (including the POST LED and status leds etc.) and that actually FIXED my problem.

I haven't had a single problem with waking from sleep ever since. Even after sleeping for extended periods of 8-12 hours.

Just for consistency/reproduction sake; I have also enabled the S4+ S5 ERP feature, but that didn't work actually change anything for me. However, it's still enabled for me right now.

So to reproduce my "fix" you would have to enable that S4+S5 ERP feature and set your AURA setting to "Stealth" mode.

Hope this can be fixed in a future bios update if this turns out to fix the issue for more people!

edit: some details about my setup for bios dev if it helps: 2x16gb dual rank 3600 16 19 19 39 XMP profile @ 1.35v (kit on QVL) / 3900X stock voltages / 3080Ti BIOS Version 3801
    Hi Aalz0r,

And thank you for your post.

Have you tried without ErP enabled?
    If I ask, it is because with this option enabled, it is impossible to benefit from the WoL functionality.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by tony-rambo View Post
    Hi Aalz0r,

And thank you for your post.

Have you tried without ErP enabled?
    If I ask, it is because with this option enabled, it is impossible to benefit from the WoL functionality.
    I think it shouldn't really matter, because for me the ErP didn't fix the issue so, you can try with it off. Just saying what fixed it for me was setting the AURA mode to "Stealth mode". (the top right button in the bios) I didn't mess with the armor crate at all. (Don't have it installed.)

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Aalz0r View Post

Just for consistency/reproduction sake; I have also enabled the S4+ S5 ERP feature, but that didn't actually fix anything for me. However, I left it enabled.

I am guessing the ErP function isn't actually necessary for the fix to work, but I could be wrong. So if it doesn't work for you with it off, try with it on S4+S5.

Hi Aalz0r,

If you take a look at my earlier post (and others) you can see that we are experiencing the problem specifically also with Stealth mode enabled (and any other LED mode).

Since the issue is so sporadic, I have found myself thinking I have a 'eureka moment' where I've discovered the important BIOS setting -- only to discover the problem returning later. Sometimes it can go for 30 reboots/sleeps before recurrence of the problem, sometimes it appears after just a few (<5) -- but so far, I do not find a single BIOS setting that reliability stops the failure on 3601 or 3801.

For the record, I've also reproduced the problem on different operating systems (Windows and Linux) using completely different software stacks. Same problem.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vitacola View Post
    Hi NuadaXXX,
    I don't quite understand what exactly you changed in the BIOS and in the app? The order is certainly not completely unimportant, too?
    Maybe you can give a step by step guide ...then I and others can test and confirm if it leads to success.

So just turning off RGB in Armory App is not your trick, right?

Regards
    hi no idea what is imported and what not, I has changed RGB and after that I got days after start issues, then i going again to Armoury and has changed the profile to anything, and then back to default, and i have turned off all the standby options in Armoury. (but if i turn the power from the PC off the LEDs are still on "aura") i think this is also bug.... but it is off in the software.

then it was days working. and after i have see this i have uninstall armoury.. bäm the day after i got again start issues.

then i have do the same again. and after it was again working for days. i have windows reinstalled. and now i got 2 weeks no problems without armoury.

but it is still my RED standby color activated. Even though it's on display.

(and i got also the problem with s4 and s5 it was a bit working but the error is occure from time to time) only messing around with the RGB settings helpet me

just adjust something and reset it, and then it is best not to open Armoury for several days.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by von_nihil View Post
    Hi Aalz0r,

If you take a look at my earlier post (and others) you can see that we are experiencing the problem specifically also with Stealth mode enabled (and any other LED mode).

Since the issue is so sporadic, I have found myself thinking I have a 'eureka moment' where I've discovered the important BIOS setting -- only to discover the problem returning later. Sometimes it can go for 30 reboots/sleeps before recurrence of the problem, sometimes it appears after just a few (<5) -- but so far, I do not find a single BIOS setting that reliability stops the failure on 3601 or 3801.

For the record, I've also reproduced the problem on different operating systems (Windows and Linux) using completely different software stacks. Same problem.
    yes "Stealth mode" helps also, but after i changed the RGB setting in Armoury (bios has Default settings only ram-Cpu OC). i got till this day no problem, with the stealth mode the problem was mutch faster there for me again.

but that would also confirm that it has something to do with it.

so i said i would be happy about a full RGB reset button in the bios.

If Asus doesn't give us a beta BIOS to test something like this, the problem will never be found an 100% confirmed.

I have no way of completely resetting it, the settings are retained even after a new bios flash, that's ridiculous, and Armoury default change it also not 100% back.
    Last edited by NuadaXXX; 11-23-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi Xairoo,
    Your RMA case is advanced ship process for the distributor. We have created RMA first on 11/8 to ship the replacement to the distributor, and then the distributor need to send the motherboard back for RMA. The distributor have sent back your motherboard on 11/16. However, it may take a while(about 2 weeks) since it is non-EU shipment and some time may be needed to release the shipment.
    Once our repair center receive your motherboard, they will check if the issue can be reproduced.
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi all,
    I'm afraid the information from everyone is different. (stealth-mode, aura light settings, S4+S5...)
    Some customers have sent RMA, and I will follow up those case to see if our repair center can reproduce the issue.
    If it is possible, may I know the information below?
    -If you shut down or put it to sleep mode and then turn it on or wake it up immediately, did the issue occur?
    -How often the issue occurs?
    For example: Shut down or put it to sleep mode for 1 hr each time and do 5 times a day. The issue occur once a day at least.
    Thank you so much.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Xairoo,
    Your RMA case is advanced ship process for the distributor. We have created RMA first on 11/8 to ship the replacement to the distributor, and then the distributor need to send the motherboard back for RMA. The distributor have sent back your motherboard on 11/16. However, it may take a while(about 2 weeks) since it is non-EU shipment and some time may be needed to release the shipment.
    Once our repair center receive your motherboard, they will check if the issue can be reproduced.
    Thank you.
    I prefer to speak openly, honestly and directly.
    Forgive me when I say that this is a really slow process. That's nothing against you and that's definitively not your fault.
    In this case it should be handled/shipped faster.
    But yeah, a customer will place this issue in a higher priority. Specially because it's not only happening to one mainboard.

PS: The issue still happened to my replacement board only once.

Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast