Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

Hi all,

For my new PC build I have chosen Asus Dark Hero based on my previous good experience with Asus Maximus Ranger VIII.
    As of now I have tested 7 Dark Heroes (4 from Newegg, 2 BHPhoto&Video, 1 Amazon), all of them were made in Vietnam, all 7 were faulty - mobo won't POST, Q-Code 00, yellow LED ON OR it won't wake up from sleep/hibernation. I tried different memory kits from QVL list, different PSUs, nothing helped. Tried everything suggested in this thread - S4+S5 settings, stealth mode, etc.
    My config looks similar if not the same to other people's in this thread:
    AMD Ryzen 5900X, G Skill RGB 2x16GB (or TEAM ARGB 2x16GB), PSU 1000W+

Thanks to the guy who mentioned Z690 recall for mobos made in Vietnam, it kinda explains a lot about Dark Hero issues. It feels the same - memory power and RGB management doesn't work great on this mobo, sometimes it won't light up, sometimes it will, but PC won't POST. And this is QVL memory. I have also tried with non-RGB memory - same issue. You have to disconnect power completely to discharge some capacitor and let it start (not 100% though).

On one hand - many people have no problems with Dark Hero and praise this mobo as the best, on another - there's a 40 page thread of people returning their mobos just to get another with the same issue. I like feature set on this mobo, but quality control is just absent. 5th mobo of 7 I tested had broken capacitor legs and overall look very poorly assembled. This is beyond acceptable. At first I was frustrated, but now I'm just curious - can I get the working one? I keep sending them back to retailers just to receive another one defective.

I told myself I'd stop at number 10. 3 more attempts and I'm giving up on ASUS products.

Thanks to all people in this thread sharing their stories, suggesting workarounds and mentioning related issues for another mobos from ASUS.
    As an alternative to Dark Hero I'm thinking about Gigabyte's AORUS Master or MSI's MEG X570 ACE.

Regards!

New ROGer Array

asus removing features from the bios for real?

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi NuadaXXX and linara,
    TPM is enabled and cannot be disabled since the bios version support Windows 11 by default.
    If you want to disable TPM, please downgrade the bios version.
    Thank you.
    so just to be perfectly clear:

with bios version 3702, which read:
    "Support Windows 11 by default, no settings changes required in the UEFI BIOS."

asus deliberately removed features from the motherboard against the users' will?
    without said feature people reported issues, but asus didn't change anything.

is this correct?
    asus deliberately removed the feature to disable the TPM from the motherboard and thus downgraded the product?

i am asking this specifically, because going out of one's way to spit into the face of customers seems crazy and there isn't even classic greed involved (like gigabyte exploding psus) or other reasons.

can you please give us the reason why asus straight up removed IMPORTANT settings from 450 euro motherboards against the customers' will?

it has nothing to do with windows 11 support, because a simple change in the default setting from "off" to "on" for the TPM would have done that without removing choice and i would hope and assume, that this is what other motherboard companies did.

so please give us context on how this insane anticonsumer decision was made.

i am just shocked by everything going on here.

asus refusal to commit actual resources to fix the start up issue, that they were aware about for 175 days now and
    asus deliberately removing features from the bios too.

New ROGer Array

Hi NuadaXXX and linara,
    TPM is enabled and cannot be disabled since the bios version support Windows 11 by default.
    Thank you.
    It's ok that it's on by default, but it must be possible to turn it off.

I have problems with it, if i use adobe i get stutters, should I never update the bios just because Asus is too stubborn?

An explanation would be great, there is certainly no logical reason to force permanent activation.

I found on the internet that there are hundreds of people having the same problem with many MSI,Gigabyte ect motherboards, the difference is only, with Asus MBs we can't turn it off.
    Last edited by NuadaXXX; 01-20-2022 at 04:39 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I agree that forcing TPM on at every boot is not acceptable. If they are going to do this, why have a button in the Bios to disable it? Not everyone runs Windows 11. I can see maybe doing this on an entry level mobo or a laptop that ships with Windows 11 installed. The high end boards should give the user the option since the people who buy them are theoretically tech and Bios savvy enough to know if they need or want TMP enabled, especially if having it enabled causes performance issues. Asus could put a warning in front of the setting like the AMD warnings in their overclock section of the Bios. People should not have to stay on an old Bios with outdated AGESA just to be able to keep TPM disabled.

Regarding boards made in Viet Nam verses China, my Dark Hero serial number ends in M0AAY0 which I am pretty sure means it was made in China. I have not experienced the start up issue or any other issues other than fighting to get my RAM overclock stable at 3800MHz. I guess I got lucky getting a Chinese made board. FWIW, I purchased it from New Egg in January of 2021. I read somewhere that they supply the US market with boards made in Viet Nam because there is no tariffs on imports from Viet Nam. Maybe some of the early stock came from China.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BillBittel View Post
    I agree that forcing TPM on at every boot is not acceptable. If they are going to do this, why have a button in the Bios to disable it?
    yes, it has something from schizophrenic

---------------------

I originally bought this motherboard and deliberately spent the extra money to not have one problem, now I have more probs than ever and my first computer was an Intel 80286, The biggest problem is, that we are treated with total disrespect.

Hi NuadaXXX and linara,
    Thank you.
    Such an answer is disrespectful, i can't express how disappointed I am.
    Last edited by NuadaXXX; 01-20-2022 at 08:51 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi NuadaXXX, linara and BillBittel,
    For TPM disable, I'm sorry it seems misunderstanding when communicated with our tech team.
    May I double confirm it occurs on bios 3702, 3801 and 3904?
    Could you please help to record a video to show how you disable TPM and it enabled again?
    I'll consult our tech team again.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by STARRAIN@ROG; 01-21-2022 at 03:59 AM.

New ROGer Array

Hi NuadaXXX, linara and BillBittel,
    For TPM disable, I'm sorry it seems misunderstanding when communicated with our tech team.
    May I double confirm it occurs on bios 3702, 3801 and 3904?
    Could you please help to record a video to show how you disable TPM and it enabled again?
    I'll consult our tech team again.
    Thank you.

Bios 3904 = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmErez863eI

it swap back automaticly in the older bios not.

and please say that guys also they need to look at soc voltage if i set 1.1 it is 0.8-09 i need to set it to 1.1250v then it is 1.1. that is also not normal.
    Last edited by NuadaXXX; 01-21-2022 at 11:38 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by yobavip View Post
    Hi all,

For my new PC build I have chosen Asus Dark Hero based on my previous good experience with Asus Maximus Ranger VIII.
    As of now I have tested 7 Dark Heroes (4 from Newegg, 2 BHPhoto&Video, 1 Amazon), all of them were made in Vietnam, all 7 were faulty - mobo won't POST, Q-Code 00, yellow LED ON OR it won't wake up from sleep/hibernation. I tried different memory kits from QVL list, different PSUs, nothing helped. Tried everything suggested in this thread - S4+S5 settings, stealth mode, etc.
    My config looks similar if not the same to other people's in this thread:
    AMD Ryzen 5900X, G Skill RGB 2x16GB (or TEAM ARGB 2x16GB), PSU 1000W+

Thanks to the guy who mentioned Z690 recall for mobos made in Vietnam, it kinda explains a lot about Dark Hero issues. It feels the same - memory power and RGB management doesn't work great on this mobo, sometimes it won't light up, sometimes it will, but PC won't POST. And this is QVL memory. I have also tried with non-RGB memory - same issue. You have to disconnect power completely to discharge some capacitor and let it start (not 100% though).

On one hand - many people have no problems with Dark Hero and praise this mobo as the best, on another - there's a 40 page thread of people returning their mobos just to get another with the same issue. I like feature set on this mobo, but quality control is just absent. 5th mobo of 7 I tested had broken capacitor legs and overall look very poorly assembled. This is beyond acceptable. At first I was frustrated, but now I'm just curious - can I get the working one? I keep sending them back to retailers just to receive another one defective.

I told myself I'd stop at number 10. 3 more attempts and I'm giving up on ASUS products.

Thanks to all people in this thread sharing their stories, suggesting workarounds and mentioning related issues for another mobos from ASUS.
    As an alternative to Dark Hero I'm thinking about Gigabyte's AORUS Master or MSI's MEG X570 ACE.

Regards!
    Hi yobavip, I have also researched for another motherboard, and the only alternative seems to be the MSI MEG X570s Ace Max. The Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme should have the same problems with the sleep mode and some other problems. I am not sure about the Gigabyte Aorus Master. I get back a new Asus dark hero motherboard next week after one month and 12 days! But after all, I guess I will still have the problem. The next motherboard I will buy, first I will search for "problems" about that motherboard in google.

New ROGer Array

gigabyte boards broken too?

Quote Originally Posted by cosanoma View Post
    Hi yobavip, I have also researched for another motherboard, and the only alternative seems to be the MSI MEG X570s Ace Max. The Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme should have the same problems with the sleep mode and some other problems. I am not sure about the Gigabyte Aorus Master. I get back a new Asus dark hero motherboard next week after one month and 12 days! But after all, I guess I will still have the problem. The next motherboard I will buy, first I will search for "problems" about that motherboard in google.
    can you please link the references for the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Xtreme having sleep mode issues and some other problems?
    as probably lots of people here i am either hoping, that asus fixes all problems with their garbage motherboard or get another motherboard, so i looked at the gigabyte aorus master and the msi meg x570s ace max.

the gigabyte loses: 2nd network adapter, 2 sata parts pcie 4x1 slot.
    msi meg x570s ace max loses: 2nd network adapter, potentially loses pcie 4x1 slot (msi support literally wrote nonsense, when asking whether the bottom most slot can be used alongside all 8 sata ports) and ECC SUPPORT. it seems for some reason msi thinks, that basic ecc suport on 450 euro motherboards isn't a senseful feature, despite its implementation cost being close to 0 i assume.

so it is quite a horrible decision to make, because no ECC means, that the system can never get turned into a server or be run as a ZFS storage system ever as ZFS requires ECC (ZFS trust the ram over spinning rust). going with the gigabyte board means losing 2 sata ports and i am already port starved at 6 and buying a decent pci-e sata card might cost 100 euros and then you gotta look at proper driver support in all OSs you use and you are giving up another pci-e slot to use it.... which then means that you lose 2 pci-e slots compared to the dark hero, so now you might not even be able to do pci-e passthrough vms properly in the future, because you might want to use some usb-cards or other stuff just to isolate them for a VM.

also while asus produces motherboards, that catch fire, gigabyte produces PSUs, that explode. difference? asus didn't try to keep the exploding hardware on the market and attack tech journalists for exposing them ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JmPUr-BeEM )

it's a damn headache finding a motherboard these days, ignoring the fact, that they are massively overcharging for them already.

sorry for the half rant at this point and again please share any references you have for the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Xtreme as lots here are certainly curious about this too and whether ithe gigabyte aorus master x570s can also be effected by this issue.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by linara View Post
    can you please link the references for the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Xtreme having sleep mode issues and some other problems?
    as probably lots of people here i am either hoping, that asus fixes all problems with their garbage motherboard or get another motherboard, so i looked at the gigabyte aorus master and the msi meg x570s ace max.

the gigabyte loses: 2nd network adapter, 2 sata parts pcie 4x1 slot.
    msi meg x570s ace max loses: 2nd network adapter, potentially loses pcie 4x1 slot (msi support literally wrote nonsense, when asking whether the bottom most slot can be used alongside all 8 sata ports) and ECC SUPPORT. it seems for some reason msi thinks, that basic ecc suport on 450 euro motherboards isn't a senseful feature, despite its implementation cost being close to 0 i assume.

so it is quite a horrible decision to make, because no ECC means, that the system can never get turned into a server or be run as a ZFS storage system ever as ZFS requires ECC (ZFS trust the ram over spinning rust). going with the gigabyte board means losing 2 sata ports and i am already port starved at 6 and buying a decent pci-e sata card might cost 100 euros and then you gotta look at proper driver support in all OSs you use and you are giving up another pci-e slot to use it.... which then means that you lose 2 pci-e slots compared to the dark hero, so now you might not even be able to do pci-e passthrough vms properly in the future, because you might want to use some usb-cards or other stuff just to isolate them for a VM.

also while asus produces motherboards, that catch fire, gigabyte produces PSUs, that explode. difference? asus didn't try to keep the exploding hardware on the market and attack tech journalists for exposing them ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JmPUr-BeEM )

it's a damn headache finding a motherboard these days, ignoring the fact, that they are massively overcharging for them already.

sorry for the half rant at this point and again please share any references you have for the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Xtreme as lots here are certainly curious about this too and whether ithe gigabyte aorus master x570s can also be effected by this issue.

I bought the Gigabyte Aorus Master x570s - no issues at all - glad I switched from Asus

/stix

Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast