Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Replaced the board 1:1, BIOS 3601, submitted the RMA number to Asus. Will kepp you guys updated.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi hakai,
    Thank you for your reply.
    How long did it shut down or sleep and occur often? about 30mins or over 5hr?
    Could you please send our RMA for further examination and share the serial number and RMA number to me via PM?
    Thank you.
    Hi,

Like I said, if I actually get the computer to either sleep or power off then I can wake up or power on without issues. The problem happens at the moment of puting it to sleep or powering it off. I notice this because in the case of trying to put it to sleep the ram leds turn off while the pcb leds, rog logo, start button remain on. So i basically power cycly the psu right at that moment and i will be able to power it on. I haven't left it like that for any period of time but on sucessfull sleep or power off i've left it like that for maybe 5-6 tops.

I'll probably RMA the board during the weekend and will send you the information requested.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi JerJer123,
    Do you put the pc to sleep via start>power>sleep? How long did you put the pc to sleep and occurred often?(ex. over 1hr)
    Please update bios 3801 and restore bios to all default settings.
    Thank you.
    It happened today again and it was pretty much right after I put it to sleep.

Last night it happened. I put it to sleep and tried waking about an hour and a half later.

Moderator Array

Hi hakai,
    If you get the RMA number, please send me PM for the serial number and the RMA number.
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi JerJer123,
    Did it occur recently or after you built back in February of this year?
    Have you updated bios 3801 and restored bios to all default settings but still occurred?
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Same Issue with Dark Hero

Here to report the same issue that everyone else here is reporting. I recently switched from an Aorus X570 Master board to the X570 Dark Hero. Everything else in the system is the same and I've had the system up and running for over a year. I never had an issue with startup or powering on before switching to the Dark Hero. I switched to the Dark Hero for some of its additional features beyond the Aorus board. I'm pretty disappointed in this issue.

I've had the Dark Hero board installed for almost two weeks now and everything has been working great until this issue started 3-4 days ago. Before this everything worked great. I first noticed that it would not start back up after being shutdown for a few hours. Since then i've troubleshooted and I have the same issue no matter how long the computer is shutdown. The RGB lights on the I/O panel and Chipset are illuminated but pushing the computer's power button does nothing. I also tried pushing the "Start" button on the board and that likewise does nothing. I even tried jumping the power on pins on the board and nothing.

Changing ERP to S5 fixed the issue for now but based on others comments that is only a temporary solution. To me it sounds like Asus released a bad batch of Dark Hero boards all suffering from the same issue.

I purchased the board from Newegg on Sep. 24, 2021 and just submitted an RMA but am waiting to hear through this forum if there is a solution beyond sending in my board and having no computer while I wait for the replacement.

Here are my system details:

Mobo: Asus x570 Dark Hero (Serial No. M7M0KS160819EVN)
    CPU: 5900X
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 (F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC)
    GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    PSU: Corsair HX1200i

New ROGer Array

Old board (now @ RMA) SN: M7M0KC3782619SN
    New board SN: M7M0KC208304BLD

Not sure if the new board is from an earlier batch.

Anyway... still no problems with the new board.

Moderator Array

Hi DarthPlagueis,
    May I double confirm does it occur after you showdown the pc every time? even just shutdown for 10 minutes?
    Do you adjust any settings in bios or all default setting?
    Have you tried other power supply?
    I'm afraid our tech team cannot reproduce the issue with the motherboard on hand.
    If you have submitted an RMA, could you please share the RMA number to me?
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Hi DarthPlagueis,
    May I double confirm does it occur after you showdown the pc every time? even just shutdown for 10 minutes?
    Do you adjust any settings in bios or all default setting?
    Have you tried other power supply?
    I'm afraid our tech team cannot reproduce the issue with the motherboard on hand.
    If you have submitted an RMA, could you please share the RMA number to me?
    Thank you.
    It happens every time, no matter how long the PC has been shutdown. It won't start again even after 10-30 seconds of being shutdown. The same is true when its been shutdown overnight.

No I have not tried another power supply but am not going to. I did not have this issue on the Aorus x570 motherboard with identical components. And others have reported no changes with a new PSU.

I have not changed any settings since this first started. In other words, this issue did not occur following any BIOS changes.

Here's my RMA number with Newegg. They are shipping me a replacement board so I have not returned the old one (since it still works fine minus the power off issue).

RMA #: 119018760 (Newegg)

Moderator Array

Hi DarthPlagueis,
    Could you please let me know if have returned the old one to Newegg?
    Thank you.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast