Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Try running DOCP, like the below example.

Not exactly sure what your dealing with at the moment, from your further posts. It really appears quite random with a splash of a little mysterious.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 07-30-2021 at 05:01 AM.

New ROGer Array

hi ...yes very strange indeed .

Now im guessing its not PSU issue as soon as i reset bios it powers up via power button.
    Asus themselves have replied to an email i sent them last night ,say sounds like power supply and try another ..but were still unsure lol ...but doesnt sound like it to me.

Im getting ram changed anyway ( refunded ) ....as the Gskills ones i have are not on the compatibility list ...but the Corsair ones i have ordered are.
    Gskill Trident Z F4-3600C17D are old ones.
    So will try and elliminate that .

Just seems very strange.

Is resetting bios clearing any fault in PSU ...like pulling 24 pin ...if so could it then be psu ? Don't want to spend £200 on another psu if just a guess lol

Karl
    Last edited by karlosfandango; 07-30-2021 at 09:34 AM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

Does not sound like PSU issue. These are fairly definite when there is a problem.

See what new RAM is like.

New ROGer Array

hi
    well have had new ram ...but also have gone and upgraded PSU to an Asus ROG Strix 1000 watt .
    I have a buyer for old one anyway so may aswell bite the bullet and change both...( wont know which fixed issue if issue is fixed lol )
    At moment ..had no issues ..and also can run ram at full 3600mhz without any crashing ...so bonus ...maybe ram was issue but time will tell.

New ROGer Array

right ...issue persists after new ram , new PSU and cables.....£250 lighter !!!!
    Been working fine since saturday , but came home today , been using it ...then had my tea and would not power up again till i switched off psu .

So basically everything has been changed except CPU and motherboard.
    Can a cpu cause this...im guessing it would atleast do something when i pressed the button. ...or can windows itself cause this which cannot see myself.
    Once running it has no issues what so ever....no post codes etc.

Ow i also tried turning off power to usb ports when powered down ...in bios ...and still happened.

Im steering more towards faulty motherboard .

Any help most appreciated
    Karl
    Last edited by karlosfandango; 08-04-2021 at 09:27 PM.

Moderator Array

Hi
    Could you share how did you overclock ram frequency? If you do bios reset to recovery pc back , sometimes issues caused by firmware of ram.

New ROGer Array

I have the same problem with the same motherboard - Dark Hero. Randomly (?) PC doesn't start until I turn off the PSU for some time.

@Karlos: Try this: disable the fast boot/startup in Windows 10. I don't know if it will help, because the problem is too random (?) for me, but as I'm using dual boot with Linux as a second system I'm wondering if the problem is related only to Windows (only if I turn off the system in Windows) - I don't know, but it's something I think about. I disabled the fast boot and now I'm waiting for the problem to repeat itself.

Second thing you can try if desperate: you can check if the problem appears when using another system, like Linux. I'm monitoring this trying to narrow down the problem, but I have no certain conclusions.

What is certain for me is this: ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero motherboard has a problem related to the system boot - the system doesn't start randomly (?) using this motherboard.

New ROGer Array

Also chiming in on this problem - I bought a Dark Hero mainboard (paired with a 5900X) in february in Germany and I am having the very same issue since then: Randomly, after a couple of cold restarts the board will not boot until the PSU is disconnected for about 10-20 seconds (probably until some capacitor is discharged).
    There is no POST code, no fans spin up, nothing - the on/off switch on the mainboard is lit, but if pressed, nothing happens (same with the external power switch).

I literally replaced or temporarily removed every other component in the PC to check, wheter this is caused by any other source (CPU/RAM/PSU/NIC/6800XT<->2080Ti GPU/sound card/SSDs), but the problem persists - this leaves only the mainboard as source of the problem.
    It makes no difference, if I run RAM in XMP mode (FlareX 3200 1.35V) or with standard JDEC timings, the problem also occurs with stock/default BIOS settings.
    The system runs completely fine and rock stable otherwise, I can run Prime95 or other stress tests for days/weeks without any hiccups.

After these tests I finally replaced the mainboard with a B550-E Gaming and guess what? The problem vanished.
    I also recently tested a Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master to check, whether this is connected to the X570(S) chipset, but the problem is only reproducible with the Dark Hero.

I'd really like to switch back to the Dark Hero once this issue is resolved or a workaround is found, because I'm completely happy with it otherwise.
    I am running an extra 10G NIC, which depends on a 4xPCIe slot to unlock its full potential (with only one PCIe lane it is limited to around 800MB/s half duplex). The B550-E Gaming only offers 1/2xPCIe when another PCIe (1x) card (extra sound card) is present, while the Dark Hero always offers 4xPCIe in the lowest PCIe slot, so this is another motivation for me to switch back to the Dark Hero.

I am running dual boot (Win10/Linux, like HDuran), perhaps this has something to do with the problem, however disabling fast boot did not fix it in my tests.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2