Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
    ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by stixix View Post
    I bought the Gigabyte Aorus Master x570s - no issues at all - glad I switched from Asus

/stix
    Thanks for the confirmation, this is my #1 candidate to replace DH now.

ROG Junior Member Array

Received (another) Dark Hero replacement from Amazon, made in Vietnam. Same behavior, sending back. 8th in a row. Embarassing.
    Like the whole batch is bad or something? Why can't ASUS engineers reproduce an issue then?
    It is pretty common combination which doesn't work for many people: R9 5900X, 2x16GB RGB 3600MHz RAM (pick either G Skill or Team from QVL list) and voila - it won't start!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Wow to #8 (and counting). I guess all the current stock of the DH in US distribution were made in Viet Nam, same as the Z690 Hero boards that have the capacitor in backwards, causing catastrophic failures. My serial number indicates my board was made in China and I have not (yet?) experienced this start up problem. Is there a way you can specify that they need to send you a mobo made in China and not one made in Viet Nam? I would assume no with Amazon, but maybe with Asus?

I have always bought Asus ROG boards, even though they are overpriced, mainly because I am used to the Asus Bios layout, and they were great boards. After I bought my Maximus X Hero WIFI I found out that Asus totally changed the entire VRM design in a revision and made no mention of it in their marketing other than to quietly remove a VRM temp sensor that was present in the original design. Recently they had the whole Z690 Hero's catching on fire fiasco, and now this. Gigabyte and MSI both have their issues, and have both been caught doing scummy things, but they do seem to produce some solid boards on occasion. I think Asrock is a spin off of Asus, with mainly lower end boards. Then there is EVGA.

My next build will be either Zen 4 or Meteor Lake. I'm hoping that PCIE5 and DDR5 settle down by then. There was a time when I would just shop Asus mobo's. That may not be the case next time, depending on how this and other issues end up working out. Good luck with #9!!

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BillBittel View Post
    Wow to #8 (and counting). I guess all the current stock of the DH in US distribution were made in Viet Nam, same as the Z690 Hero boards that have the capacitor in backwards, causing catastrophic failures. My serial number indicates my board was made in China and I have not (yet?) experienced this start up problem. Is there a way you can specify that they need to send you a mobo made in China and not one made in Viet Nam? I would assume no with Amazon, but maybe with Asus?

I have always bought Asus ROG boards, even though they are overpriced, mainly because I am used to the Asus Bios layout, and they were great boards. After I bought my Maximus X Hero WIFI I found out that Asus totally changed the entire VRM design in a revision and made no mention of it in their marketing other than to quietly remove a VRM temp sensor that was present in the original design. Recently they had the whole Z690 Hero's catching on fire fiasco, and now this. Gigabyte and MSI both have their issues, and have both been caught doing scummy things, but they do seem to produce some solid boards on occasion. I think Asrock is a spin off of Asus, with mainly lower end boards. Then there is EVGA.

My next build will be either Zen 4 or Meteor Lake. I'm hoping that PCIE5 and DDR5 settle down by then. There was a time when I would just shop Asus mobo's. That may not be the case next time, depending on how this and other issues end up working out. Good luck with #9!!
    Thanks a lot! Since Amazon didn't allow me to have a replacement on a replacement I had to refund it. Gigabyte Aorus Master X570S is on the way. Based on Gigabyte performace and ability to run things I'm going to decide if I need 2 more attempts with DH. Not sure if either retailer can allow you to order a piece made in a specific country, especially considering the fact whole or majority of US stock made in Vietnam to a reason of having import fees for goods made in China.

Regarding PCIE5 and DDR5 - exactly my thinking when I started this new build for my new 3080TI. "Zen 3 is a settled down stack by now, should have been tested and most bugs eliminated. I'm gonna choose components based on the reviews and feedbacks. PCIE5 and DDR5 are fresh and way to early to build a PC on it right now". One things I didn't considered that ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI - all manufacturers have top notch boards with 5 to 15% 1 star ratings just based on the poor quality, performace issues, etc.

Before you paid extra dollar for ASUS products and received quality components and some assurance things gonna serve you long. You can't buy that now from either brand, unfortunately.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 11 64bit Pro
    Network RouterPfSence Intel i5-10210U 6 Port
    Accessory #1 TP-Link Gigabit 8&6 Port Switches

Quote Originally Posted by BillBittel View Post
    Then there is EVGA.
    They are rather new to AMD motherboards but if you live in USA, there customer support and product support is by far the best, I have ever dealt with, singapore division, not so much.
    I would give them a go.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42