Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by stixix View Post
    I just got a refund for my "new" used board - can't decide if I'm going ASRock, Gigabyte og MSI.
    https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-X570-UNIFY

its very good even on auto oc, my cpu boost on this mb 50mhz higher as with dark hero

i have test in on a friends unify, if only I had known that beforehand....

25~ CPU-Z single score more, and i have here a custom loop, the test was without.
    Last edited by NuadaXXX; 12-23-2021 at 12:28 AM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 11 64bit Pro
    Network RouterPfSence Intel i5-10210U 6 Port
    Accessory #1 TP-Link Gigabit 8&6 Port Switches

Quote Originally Posted by stixix View Post
    I just got a refund for my "new" used board - can't decide if I'm going ASRock, Gigabyte og MSI.
    MSI has some of the best support for AMD, useful BIOS features and board quality is good.
    Gigabyte has some really unique motherboards and board quality is good.
    Would not use ASRock only boards I've had issue with AMD wise.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by NuadaXXX View Post
    https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-X570-UNIFY

its very good even on auto oc, my cpu boost on this mb 50mhz higher as with dark hero

i have test in on a friends unify, if only I had known that beforehand....

25~ CPU-Z single score more, and i have here a custom loop, the test was without.
    Active chipset fan - that's why I have moved the passive cooled board.

Short update from the ****ty replacement board...

History:
    -----
    Returned board:
    Happened daily multiple times.

Replacement board since 27.10.2021:
    -----

I really hate this board. It's not made for production use.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by 9junes View Post
    I'm planning to buy another board, not sure if another dark hero might have a same issue?
    Do not buy another Dark Hero. I returned my first DH board for a refund (because of this issue) and bought another DH from a different supplier. The issue recurred.

I don't know what proportion of DH boards have this issue -- I suspect it might be dependent on the specs of the attached components (CPU, Memory, PSU etc ...) and their interaction with the board, so perhaps some configurations are more likely to trigger the fault than others. If you've seen the issue once, I would not recommend exposing yourself to it again.

Since we've seen this issue on other X570 based boards from Asus, I would go with a different manufacturer. Even if you have that feeling, like many of us, that Asus is of higher quality, this issue shows us that it is not.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by von_nihil View Post
    Do not buy another Dark Hero. I returned my first DH board for a refund (because of this issue) and bought another DH from a different supplier. The issue recurred.

I don't know what proportion of DH boards have this issue -- I suspect it might be dependent on the specs of the attached components (CPU, Memory, PSU etc ...) and their interaction with the board, so perhaps some configurations are more likely to trigger the fault than others. If you've seen the issue once, I would not recommend exposing yourself to it again.

Since we've seen this issue on other X570 based boards from Asus, I would go with a different manufacturer. Even if you have that feeling, like many of us, that Asus is of higher quality, this issue shows us that it is not.
    I'm afraid you are right, it's really sad.... I've been using ASUS board since forever not they sort of force you to turn your back

New ROGer Array

Asus probably knows it is a manufacturing defect and will not say anything because it will cost them too much money to fix it and replace everyone's boards who have this issue. Hence why we receive no answers and/or response for this issue. Just keep saying, "oh we can't reproduce this issue, must be some of your other hardware" lol I was always a loyal ASUS buyer but for my next board I will be looking for other brands unless they are actually truthful and explain to us what is going on.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up

Still no update on this issue....
    Asus must do more to address this problem.
    Look at the forum, this thread is BY FAR the most viewed, most commented, most discussed topic of ALL issues relating to their ENTIRE range of X570 boards.
    This has got to be the largest scale issue that I have personally witnessed in a motherboard range, I mean there literally must be thousands of cases.

So come one Asus, how much longer do you want to damage your reputation?
    It will only grow and spread from here, if this issue is not addressed promptly, reputation and sales will suffer

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by JBROG87 View Post
    Still no update on this issue....
    Asus must do more to address this problem.
    Look at the forum, this thread is BY FAR the most viewed, most commented, most discussed topic of ALL issues relating to their ENTIRE range of X570 boards.
    This has got to be the largest scale issue that I have personally witnessed in a motherboard range, I mean there literally must be thousands of cases.

So come one Asus, how much longer do you want to damage your reputation?
    It will only grow and spread from here, if this issue is not addressed promptly, reputation and sales will suffer
    I've sent my Dark Hero back to amazon for a full refund as i could not see this issue being sorted out, i put my Asus B550-E board back in my PC now it runs perfect again, so glad i never sold that!

New ROGer Array

So.
    I've got the same issue described multiple times in this thread.

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero with 5950X.

First time it was when i just assembled my new setup and it's just didn't want to start. So eventually by turning on and off multiple times, being nervous a bit i managed to start it.
    I always leave my PC sleeping and i started to notice, that after sometime it's also don't want to start and only turning PSU off for ~10 sec(until LEDs are shut) helps.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by outofdate View Post
    So.
    I've got the same issue described multiple times in this thread.

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero with 5950X.

First time it was when i just assembled my new setup and it's just didn't want to start. So eventually by turning on and off multiple times, being nervous a bit i managed to start it.
    I always leave my PC sleeping and i started to notice, that after sometime it's also don't want to start and only turning PSU off for ~10 sec(until LEDs are shut) helps.
    Yea one way to tell if the system has a bad sleep is if you have rgb ram and the lights go out instead of staying on. That's if you keep lights on for standby mode in bios. It does the same **** for sleep and shutdown. Some error is occuring with either the bios or hardware causing it to error for both of these processes.

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast