Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by JerJer123 View Post
    It happened today again and it was pretty much right after I put it to sleep.

Last night it happened. I put it to sleep and tried waking about an hour and a half later.
    So just an update:

I submitted my issue to Asus support and they recommended I upgrade to the latest 3801 BIOS for my MB (X570 ROG Crosshair Viii hero WiFi). I upgraded and have not had the issue so far. I've put my PC to sleep multiple times - probably around 20 times straight - and it woke up every single time. Not sure if this is a fluke, but maybe the BIOS update fixed it for me. Fingers crossed. I recommend updating your BIOS to the latest version to see if this helps you. I will probably give another update here in a few days regardless of if it happens again.

Good luck.

New ROGer Array

Just going to add my Dark Hero to the club....
    This issue seems to affect a large amount of Dark Hero boards
    Discussions about this issue are all over the Internet in most of the popular pc tech forums.
    My Dark Hero won't turn on from power down or sleep, UNLESS I have both S4+S5 enabled in BIOS.
    With that setting it turns on without any issues no matter if Powered Off, Sleep or hibernation.

Could Asus increase the priority of this issue please ? Having a premium £400 motherboard not turn on is a critical issue that might result in a recall considering the scale of the issue affecting hundreds if not thousands of boards.

Do we know yet if this is definitely a hardware manufacturing fault or is this fixable with a BIOS update?

Could Asus please respond and suggest a solution ? It has been months !

Moderator Array

Hi JBROG87,
    Did it occur every time from power down or sleep? regardless of how long it power down or sleep?
    Have you tried bios all default settings and other power supply?
    May I have the bios version and the components list in your pc?
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up Issue

Hello, i have switched from gigabyte "Aorus Elite" so from one of the cheapest Mb to one of the expensive Dark Hero

and the expensive has more issues shame on you ASUS

I had the same problem, it does not start but i cant see a problem, and i have a M8 Serial number i think its relaticly new produced

The 3090 strix oc get no 500w bios the bugs from the expensive Mb get not fixed, I'm starting to wonder why I still buy asus

if i get not that fixes and all the voltage fixed that this dark hero needs i think asus had a hard time with me and the future.
    and i will convince all my friends who all buy asus that they should better leave it.

i know many from "chaos computer club" and they say this bios looks really mess inside FIX IT !

5950x + 3090 Strix oc

ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Bios = 3801
    Last edited by NuadaXXX; 11-03-2021 at 11:11 AM.

New ROGer Array

Status

@STARRAIN

Hi any news on the issue? This tread is getting bigger and bigger, same questions are being asked, but we have no updates on the issue if its being fixed.
    Did you guys managed to reproduce the problem?
    Thanks

New ROGer Array

Short update: Still no problems with the new board.

ROG Junior Member Array

Joining the club as well. Crosshair VIII Extreme that has the symptom described in this thread as if my understanding is correct.

Upon shutdown the PC does not boot. To resolve, the PSU must be manually power cycled: flip the PSU power switch to off, wait for mobo lighting to fade, flip the PSU power switch to on, then press power button on case or start button on mobo. PC boots normally.

Running the latest BIOS release available on rog.asus.com for this board (Version 0402).
    New build, 2 months old. This issue began ~1.5-2 weeks ago, just outside of Newegg returns/replace window.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi JBROG87,
    Did it occur every time from power down or sleep? regardless of how long it power down or sleep?
    Have you tried bios all default settings and other power supply?
    May I have the bios version and the components list in your pc?
    Thank you.
    I don't think it was every time, but very frequent, to the point that using sleep function was pointless.
    with Default BIOS settings.
    I am using Ryzen 9 5950X, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo CL14 3600mhz Ram, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Seasonic Prime TX 1000 Platinum Powersupply.

bios version 3801
    Have no tried other Power supply, as we all know this is a motherboard issue, nothing to do with power supply.
    Enabling S4+S5 mode in Bios fixes the issue and motherboards boots without any issues every time regardless of power off, sleep or hibernation

Have you not received RMA boards back yet? Have you not replicated this issue yet? Have you not made any progress on this CRITICAL issue yet?
    We need answers Asus, or you will be swamped with RMAs, believe me

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xairoo View Post
    Short update: Still no problems with the new board.
    It appears to be a hardware fault then? Manufacturing fault?
    Asus, can you comment ?

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    When did you swap the 2080 TI with the 3080 TI? a week?
    Could you please send our RMA for further examination and share the RMA number to me via PM?
    Thank you.
    I replaced the 2080 TI with a 3080 TI on 20. Oct. 2021, which would be ~5 days before my initial post here.
    I am however a bit hesitant to RMA the board as of now, as the system is working fine otherwise (an was working flawlessly before the graphics card replacement).

Since Oct. 26th I ran the system with "nearly default" settings

(BIOS defaults +
    - AI Overclock Tuner: D.O.C.P. standard
    - SVM Mode: Enabled
    - Boot / Secure boot / OS-Type: Windows UEFI Mode
    - Advanced / AMD fTPM config: Enable Firmware TPM
    - Resize BAR: ON
    - Download and Install Armory Crate App: OFF)

and had so far 2 failed starts out of 8 reboots, which seems less frequent than before with my original bios settings (4 failed out of 6).

Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast