Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Lightbulb Not only dark hero boards...

By the way, in the first round of my 'dark' experiences, I discovered that this exact issue is not only affecting the Dark Hero boards but also similar boards, take for example the regular 'Hero' variety -- you can see a nice documentation of exactly the same issue below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport...ifi_wont_post/

Chipset issue? Common shared components? Common BIOS issue?

This is a very specific problem that seems to not be very rare, and even recur on multiple boards for a single user (see my previous post). Asus need to take this seriously or risk alienating loyal customers.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by von_nihil View Post
    By the way, in the first round of my 'dark' experiences, I discovered that this exact issue is not only affecting the Dark Hero boards but also similar boards, take for example the regular 'Hero' variety -- you can see a nice documentation of exactly the same issue below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport...ifi_wont_post/

Chipset issue? Common shared components? Common BIOS issue?

This is a very specific problem that seems to not be very rare, and even recur on multiple boards for a single user (see my previous post). Asus need to take this seriously or risk alienating loyal customers.

Thank you so much for posting be this. The poster also provided a video which is exactly what I've been experiencing:

I've already RMAd my motherboard, but hopefully this can provide some insight to Asus staff

Moderator Array

Hi von_nihil,
    Does the issues only occur with stealth mode or occur with bios all default settings as well?
    Thank you.

Moderator Array

Hi JerJer123,
    May I have the following information via PM?
    - the serial number and RMA number of the motherboard
    - How often do the issue occur on bios 3801? 40%? Did it only occur on sleep mode or you also have the issue after shutdown?
    - Did it occur with bios all default settings?
    - the specific model name of ram such as G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-32GTZA
    - Have you tried other power supply or other components?
    Thank you very much.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by von_nihil View Post
    Hi all,

I can also confirm that I have experienced this issue; now on two Dark Hero boards -- very disappointing.

In June I assembled a new system using the Dark Hero as the basis. I immediately experienced the problem described in this thread: that occasionally after shutting down and/or going to sleep the machine could not be started again (by the power button, keyboard, etc) without isolating the PSU from the power source for sufficient time for the motherboard to fully discharge -- then the PC could be started again as normal. This would happy approximately 1 in 10 power-down or sleep events.

I contacted local Asus support (Netherlands) and discussed the issue. They suggested that I return the board to the store, as it was new. I did so, and got a refund. I then bought the same board (Dark Hero) from a different vendor -- the issue was instantly resolved and I could not replicate the problem again after weeks of use.

Unfortunately, after around three months of using the new Dark Hero board, the same issue has begin to re-appear. Very sad.

Edit: to clarify -- during this ordeal, to make doubly sure the motherboard was the issue, I've independently swapped out everything else in the system one-by-one and can reproduce the issue. Everything except the CPU (as I don't have another CPU or X570 MB to test). But there are not other issues in regular use, under load or otherwise

The fact that this issue appeared again after some time makes me think it is probably some kind of hardware degradation, but I suppose it could still be something odd in the BIOS firmware. [I'm a computer engineer and design medical systems for a big tech company -- just my intuition based on experience]

I could return my current board for replacement again but since this is my second board, I have become doubtful that the replacement will resolve issue. Is it just going to occur again after some time? I would like some more insight from Asus before I waste more time on disassembling my PC and waiting for RMAs. I have the feeling that, if this is a hardware issue, it is a fundamental design flaw.

[As a side note, and as someone in this thread already pointed out, you can observe immediately whether the power-down/sleep failed: by setting the motherboard aura lights to be in 'stealth mode' during sleep/power-off (bios setting), all of the lights should go out during a successful sleep/power-off -- in the case of this failure, the 'start' button light on the motherboard remains on immediately, indicating that this fault has occurred and the system will not restart in either a power-down or sleep. At least in my experience, the fault does not occur as the result of accumulation of time after sleep/power-off but immediately at the moment of the power event.]

@ASUS: do you recommend that I spend time returning this board again? Do you have confidence that board number 3 will be different from the others? i.e. Has any relevant issue been resolved in production that could affect this?
    Hello Von Nihil,
    Thanks you for your great feedback. I get the same issue untill I changed the board with RMA. Since no more booting problem.
    You scared me a lot with your 2d board who bugged after 3 months...
    I think you"r right with the componant degradation theory. My first board destroyed the CORSAIR RAM I used. The 4x8 corsair ram was working perfectly with my old setup. Just after being plugged in the first board they were instantly broken (crashs, and failed memtest....) Here my post :
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...vent-code-144)

Can you tell us what's the QCOD of you'r motherboard ?
    Last edited by Hardstyle; 11-09-2021 at 07:48 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi von_nihil,
    Does the issues only occur with stealth mode or occur with bios all default settings as well?
    Thank you.
    It occurs in every BIOS configuration that I have tried. This includes 'optimized defaults' and a lot of other experimental variations. The only significant factor in stealth mode is that you can observe when the fault has occurred immediately by noticing full stealth-mode was not reached ('Start' button light remains lit).

New ROGer Array

This thread was started end of July.... It has been almost 4months since this issue was reported, many boards have been returned with RMA since then.

Still no progress? Still not able to reproduce this problem? How long does it take you to check returned motherboards, half a year ???
    It's not just the Dark Hero, the issue also exists on the Hero and Hero wifi boards, 3 different boards all plagued by the same problem.

Come on Asus, could you please finally address this issue?? This is not a small stability issue, PCs literally fail to turn on.
    If you were a car manufacturer you would be out of business by now.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi JerJer123,
    May I have the following information via PM?
    - How often do the issue occur on bios 3801? 40%? Did it only occur on sleep mode or you also have the issue after shutdown?
    Thank you very much.
    Hi STARRAIN,

I guess I should clarify. I recently shipped my MB back to ASUS for an RMA. We'll see how it turns out.

New ROGer Array

Hi all,
    Although some customers have returned it to retailer or sent RMA, I'm not sure when the retailer or distributor will send it to our repair center.
    We haven't received the motherboards for testing so far, but I will keep follow this case.
    If the issue occurs often on your ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK motherboard, and the bios is updated to 3081 with all default setting but the issue still occurs, could you please send RMA and PM me the following information?
    - How often do the issue occur? cannot wake up or cannot start up?
    - bios version and bios settings
    - the pc specs of the pc
    Thank you very much.
    Good day,

Just wanted to leave a follow up here. My board should be in the service center since last week. So far I’ve only gotten automated messages stating the estimated completion date but have gotten 2 more emails since delaying the date. Status is just shown as diagnosis/repair. Starrain@rog do you know if this is being looked into? How are they testing the board? Replicating this should be straightforward.Â*

I keep seeing more and more cases for this issue pop up which quite frankly is concerning and I am getting frustrated as their is no recognition by ASUS that this issue does exist. Â*

In case you need it again:
    Â*RMA Number: USPCMA5269
    Serial Number: M7M0KS045631WHLÂ*

Please give us an update. Â*

Moderator Array

Hi JerJer123,
    I know you have sent RMA, but I need some information for internal tracking.
    Could you please share the information to me via PM?
    - How often do the issue occur on bios 3801? 40%? Did it only occur on sleep mode or you also have the issue after shutdown? If you put it to sleep mode and wake it up immediately, does the issue occur?
    - May I know the temperature at the place you put the pc while the issue occurs?
    Thank you very much.

Hi von_nihil,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Do you remember the serial number of the old motherboard? If yes, may I have the serial number via PM?
    If you shut down or put it to sleep mode and then turn it on or wake it up immediately, does the issue occur?
    May I know the temperature at the place you put the pc while the issue occurs?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by STARRAIN@ROG; 11-10-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast