Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey all, just an update - I received my motherboard back from ASUS (Asus Crosshair Hero Viii Wi-Fi) after about a week or so of the RMA. It appears all they did was send me a replacement motherboard. I assume this means they were able to replicate the issue, but I did not receive any details or any confirmation of this.

Just hoping this issue does not reappear with the new board.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm afraid the information from everyone is different. (stealth-mode, aura light settings, S4+S5...)
    Some customers have sent RMA, and I will follow up those case to see if our repair center can reproduce the issue.
    If it is possible, may I know the information below?
    -If you shut down or put it to sleep mode and then turn it on or wake it up immediately, did the issue occur?
    -How often the issue occurs?
    For example: Shut down or put it to sleep mode for 1 hr each time and do 5 times a day. The issue occur once a day at least.
    Thank you so much.
    Hi Starrain,

I expect the information from everyone is different because the issue is not related to a single BIOS setting but is something broader.

To answer your questions:
    - Yes
    - On average, 1/10 sleeps or power-cycles

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by von_nihil View Post
    Hi Starrain,

I expect the information from everyone is different because the issue is not related to a single BIOS setting but is something broader.

To answer your questions:
    - Yes
    - On average, 1/10 sleeps or power-cycles
    it is 100% a bios issue 2 friends got this issue also and one of them has send it back to amazon and got a other. same issue after 15 days send it back 26 days later and now again the same problem, im sure this mb has no hardware issues.

that would be strange to get a broken MB 3 times
    If it were a hardware problem, then the error would be there and it would not be possible to partially fix it.

i got the start issues 10x and now after ich changed rgb profile its not more there since ~20 days and 40+ starts.
    Last edited by NuadaXXX; 11-24-2021 at 12:18 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by NuadaXXX View Post
    it is 100% a bios issue 2 friends got this issue also and one of them has send it back to amazon and got a other. same issue after 15 days send it back 26 days later and now again the same problem, im sure this mb has no hardware issues.

If it were a hardware problem, then the error would be there and it would not be possible to partially fix it.

i got the start issues 10x and now after ich changed rgb profile its not more there since ~20 days and 40+ starts.
    Did you change the RGB settings via Armory Crate app or in the bios ?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by NuadaXXX View Post

It can be a hardware fault. Electrical components have tolerances. So it also can be temperature related in some cases. Different temperatures can result in different voltages (really easy example).

Also it could be possible that Asus got some bad components. That's a common problem. Components doesn't fit the values from the datasheet - that just could happen and that could also happen only to a few parts from a batch. Or components that got relabeled. Companies have to deal with these problems every day, specially when they buy from brokers (guess Asus does this only from really well known brokers, so relabeling shouldn't be a problem).

It's not only one component that is placed on the board. Perhaps a few tolerances were calculated too limited. And more hard limited (or bad) tolerances can cause an issue faster.

There are many possible sources for this issue.

The best solution would be: Sending Asus a complete system (and get a replacement for this of course) to find the problem. That's possible, but they have to ask, find and deal :-)

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by JBROG87 View Post
    Did you change the RGB settings via Armory Crate app or in the bios ?
    "in Armory Crate"

ok i say it one more time

go bios do it to default (only cpu+ram oc) and BT+WLAN off (i have it off)

ErP = Disabled

--------------------
    RGB LED Lightning

All on
    Post Code only
    Aury Only
    -------------------

go to Armory Crate change rgb settings, turn all extra stuff off standby color e.c.t but change (also standby color) i have red

RESTART

go again to Armory Crate reset the profile

PC OFF

PC ON

go to bios save profile in bios.

CMOS reset

load PROFILE

------------------

i see now still my changed standby color (it is off in Armory Crate) but still on if pc is OFF

------------------

be happy and do not open Armory Crate, and see if it works or not. but dont touch Armory Crate in any way.

i can not exactly say wich settings i have turned off in Armory Crate but basically all that I have found.
    i don't want it install ATM I got no problems now.
    Last edited by NuadaXXX; 11-24-2021 at 02:35 PM.

New ROGer Array Vitacola PC Specs
    Vitacola PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    Memory (part number)HX436C18FB3K4/128
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming 6GB
    Storage #11000GB Patriot Viper VP4300 M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 3D-NAND TLC
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12A
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750
    Accessory #1 5x140FANs PushPull

I took some more time today.
    Regardless of NUADAXXX possible solution with RGB and Armory App, this I have not yet been able to test so exactly. But I can now say the following with certainty.

1. ErP Enabled to S4+S5 brings nothing and the error occurs anyway.
    2. RGB set to stealth in the BIOS, brings also nothing
    3. as well as simply, RGB Off, in Armory App

I have made the following test.
    Sometimes the CPU under load with Cinebench R20, sometimes simply in idle (it occourd in both situations), 10 seconds the power button pressed to force a reset > PC can only start after PSU reset in 5 of 20 attempts.

Attempt 1 = PC did not start
    Attempt 2 = PC start
    Attempt 3 = PC start
    Attempt 4 = PC start
    Attempt 5 = PC start
    Attempt 6 = PC start
    Attempt 7 = PC did not start
    Attempt 8 = PC start
    Attempt 9 = PC did not start
    Attempt 10 = PC did not start

After these 10 attempts I enabled ErP to S4+S5 since it looked like this could be a solution earlier this week, but again the problem occurred.

Attempt 1 = PC start
    Attempt 2 = PC start
    Attempt 3 = PC start
    Attempt 4 = PC start
    Attempt 5 = PC start
    Attempt 6 = PC did not start
    Attempt 7 = PC start
    Attempt 8 = PC start
    Attempt 9 = PC start
    Attempt 10 = PC start

The whole thing took about 1h and at the end it shows me that no matter which setting is set in the bios, the error occurs.
    Only the description of NUDAXXX I have not tested yet (RGB).

For the sake of completeness, in the past there was a
    - CMOS reset
    - Load defaults
    - no overclocking,
    - changed PSU, RAM, CPU, graphics card

It always occurred anyway.

Only in the 9 weeks where I exchanged the Boad for the MSI and otherwise all components were the same, the system ran without problems.

My dealer would like to send the board again to Asus for a RMA, but as long as no solution is found I think that is not goal leading or can Asus test with my board so accurately that it can be narrowed down?

New ROGer Array

Question

Quote Originally Posted by von_nihil View Post
    Hi Aalz0r,

If you take a look at my earlier post (and others) you can see that we are experiencing the problem specifically also with Stealth mode enabled (and any other LED mode).

Since the issue is so sporadic, I have found myself thinking I have a 'eureka moment' where I've discovered the important BIOS setting -- only to discover the problem returning later. Sometimes it can go for 30 reboots/sleeps before recurrence of the problem, sometimes it appears after just a few (<5) -- but so far, I do not find a single BIOS setting that reliability stops the failure on 3601 or 3801.

For the record, I've also reproduced the problem on different operating systems (Windows and Linux) using completely different software stacks. Same problem.
    You are right. After nearly a week of no issues (even with longer sleeps) it struck again.

I tested 30 short sleeping bursts (sleep, wake after 15sec, sleep, wake after 15 sec) and found that it did not fail to wake from sleep even once.

So to me it seems it is a problem with some kind of deeper sleep state/power state that occurs after a longer period of time. (But not consistently?)

Can others confirm whether the bug happens for them after short sleeps as well?

And also, can you try setting your AURA setting in the bios to "AURA OFF" because when I did that, it caused the motherboard to stop responding to the power button after selecting "save changes & restart", in the exact same way it does when sleep bugs.

The expected behavior here is:
    1. Change aura setting in bios to "AURA OFF"
    2. Save changes & Reboot
    3. Computer turns off
    4. Doesn't come back on, until PSU is power cycled.

So if we have enough people who can reproduce that behavior, I think we could narrow it down to that setting. Since it's causing the same behavior as the sleep failure.

I think it would help the bios developers look in the right direction more.

New ROGer Array

New board update

Hello guys,
    It's been two months since my new board (no repair, a real new one).
    And computer works perfectly.

I've plugged and setup the new one exactly the same way as the first buggy one.

My conclusion : it's a material issue, or hardware deteriation .

I repeat, don't loose time trying to fix : ask your retailer to change the board

New ROGer Array

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Aalz0r View Post
    [...]The expected behavior here is:
    1. Change aura setting in bios to "AURA OFF"
    2. Save changes & Reboot
    3. Computer turns off
    4. Doesn't come back on, until PSU is power cycled.

So if we have enough people who can reproduce that behavior, I think we could narrow it down to that setting. Since it's causing the same behavior as the sleep failure.

I think it would help the bios developers look in the right direction more.
    Confirmed, I tried this and got the same behavior.

Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast