ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    Memory (part number)HX436C18FB3K4/128
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming 6GB
    Storage #11000GB Patriot Viper VP4300 M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 3D-NAND TLC
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12A
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750
    Accessory #1 5x140FANs PushPull

Please stop doing this, it just wastes time and doesn't help anyone. It has nothing to do with G.Skill or any other component.
    The thread here has now clearly proven that.

I have tested three different RAM kits, including two G.Skill with and without RGB.
    My current configuration is in my profile.

It is the motherboard alone and no setting posted here has prevented the error. BIOS 3601 and also 3801 brings the error.

The last 3 days, every morning after about 10h power off, I could not power on the board.

Am back on the MSI board and the Dark Hero goes to the dealer/ASUS tomorrow.

Regards

New ROGer Array

So does the problem come from the board itself or can it be solved with a BIOS update?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BASI1990 View Post
    So does the problem come from the board itself or can it be solved with a BIOS update?
    It's up to Asus to inform us. They should have got the boards already. I hope so. They had enough time. Now give them a few more days to reproduce this issue and to get a solution.

New ROGer Array

i have still no start error after RGB reset, i have today again 10 times the pc starts, and it was working all the time and last night he was 15 h off.

no idea why but i think my system is fixed. and it was 100% Armoury that destroys the bios config. i hope Asus do a bios button to reset all settings 100% to default even delete all profile a fully factory reset. maybe that helps some ppls.

@STARRAIN@ROG pls say the devs they need to get us this option

New ROGer Array

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by NuadaXXX View Post
    i have still no start error after RGB reset, i have today again 10 times the pc starts, and it was working all the time and last night he was 15 h off.

no idea why but i think my system is fixed. and it was 100% Armoury that destroys the bios config. i hope Asus do a bios button to reset all settings 100% to default even delete all profile a fully factory reset. maybe that helps some ppls.

@STARRAIN@ROG pls say the devs they need to get us this option
    I think the problem is more common with standby/sleep than just cold booting. Although with aura off I did have cold boot problems too. Did you try sleep mode too?

Edit: I also tried your method with the crate app, but it didn't solve the sleep issue for me.
    Last edited by Aalz0r; 11-29-2021 at 10:16 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Aalz0r View Post
    I think the problem is more common with standby/sleep than just cold booting. Although with aura off I did have cold boot problems too. Did you try sleep mode too?

Edit: I also tried your method with the crate app, but it didn't solve the sleep issue for me.

Yes i got no sleep/hibernate issue but hibernate is off because it **** gaming performance.

i have some problems resolved with 10x cmos reset + turn out battery start pc mithout battery turn it off and do cmos reset again some times.
    but never use ur old profile u need so set it again manual.

what i have see is, if i go 10 times in the bios and change things the problems begin. now i have do all settings in one step and no problems atm.

some days i do the window open over night and it is 10c in the morning in the room but no probs.
    Last edited by NuadaXXX; 11-29-2021 at 06:21 PM.

New ROGer Array kiriup PC Specs
    kiriup PC Specs
    Motherboardcrosshair vii hero
    Processorryzen 2700x
    Graphics Card #15700x
    Graphics Card #2vega 64

Hi
    So i dont know if this info will help anybody but i thought i should share anyway. I have the same problem but with a 3 year old crosshair VII Hero! And in my case the board is dead! I cant fix it by removing PSU, its just dead!
    I have the SAME symptoms as everyone else here! I changed everything on it and i mean everything including cpu, gpu, psu, ram.... Its definitely the board!

The funny part is that even though ive been using it for more than 3 years i dont know if it had the boot problem (the one that is fixed by removing the PSU power) because i almost never turned it off! Since the cold boot problem that everyone here describes happens randomly it is very possible that i had this problem from the beginning but never noticed because i almost never shutdown.. I can at least confirm that it had no problem with restarts.

What i am worried about here is that this problem could one day could lead to the board permanently not powering up like mine. Reading this thread I cant tell if i am lucky because i used it for 3 years without problems or unlucky because it died just a few months after my warranty ended..

Anyway i hope you guys can get it resolved while the board is still under warranty

Moderator Array

Hi tony-rambo,
    I'm sorry I didn't notice your ID and model name.
    For ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO(WI-FI), please send RMA for further examination or consult your dealer first.
    Thank you.

Hi kiriup,
    For Crosshair VII Hero, I've replied the thread you created.
    Thank you.

Hi all,
    For ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO, thank you for sharing the settings and the test information.
    However, it seems everyone gets different result with the same settings. Our team will test with bios default settings first.
    Because it is random issue, our team might need more time to reproduce it.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by JerJer123 View Post
    Hey all, just an update - I received my motherboard back from ASUS (Asus Crosshair Hero Viii Wi-Fi) after about a week or so of the RMA. It appears all they did was send me a replacement motherboard. I assume this means they were able to replicate the issue, but I did not receive any details or any confirmation of this.

Just hoping this issue does not reappear with the new board.
    Another update almost a week later - so far so good with the replacement motherboard. Have not ran into the issue.

New ROGer Array

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi tony-rambo,
    I'm sorry I didn't notice your ID and model name.
    For ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO(WI-FI), please send RMA for further examination or consult your dealer first.
    Thank you

Hi STARRAIN@ROG,

After contacting the reseller (Amazon), it simply offers me a refund.

Do you advise me to wait some more time in the hope of getting a software solution to fix this problem or is it better to get a refund and switch to another brand?

Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast