Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by DarthPlagueis View Post
    Same here. Also on 3601 and the same issue as everyone else.....

Update. I installed the new Dark Hero board that I received as an RMA from Newegg. The old board I bought on Sep. 24, 2021 and it worked fine for a few weeks before this startup issue started. For me the computer would never turn back on again after a shut down, no matter how much time passed between shut down and me trying to turn it back on. 10 seconds, 1 minute, 30 minutes, 12 hours, 3 days . . . it was all the same.

The old board was running BIOS 3601.

The new board is running BIOS 3702 (from July 24, 2021 I think), which from what I can tell is completely differently than the BIOS versions everyone else is complaining of (3601 and 3801).

The box for the new board is also a bit different as it has the Windows 11 approved sticker on it. This 3702 BIOS version on first boot has an fTPM warning, which I understand is related to Windows 11 requirements to run the OS.

So far so good but it's only been one day without any issues on the new board. I'm hoping it stays fine. I'm not touching the BIOS version. I'll report back if anything changes.

As for the RGB comments circulating, after reading those comments I realized that my problems all started shortly after I changed the motherboard's RGB settings for what happens when the computer is powered down. It's possible that something with that setting corrupted something in the BIOS but who knows. I have not played with the RGB on the old board to try and fix it. I don't dare touch it now with the new board.
    Last edited by DarthPlagueis; 12-01-2021 at 06:23 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Has this issue ever been fixed? I'm on bios 3803 and it's still happening. Very annoying.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by axiumone View Post
    Has this issue ever been fixed? I'm on bios 3803 and it's still happening. Very annoying.
    no it hasnt, no fix, Asus hasn't even found the root of the issue yet...
    Think its 5 months now? I am not sure

New ROGer Array

Hi guys,
    I am also a member of this club. If my computer goes into sleep mode sometimes (over 50%) all LED are off and I can only restart if I disonnect and reconnect the PC from the power. I have a Crosshair III Dark Hero with firmware 3801, bought in August 2021, Ram from G.Skill: TridentZ Neo (F4-3800C18D-64GTZN). Now, I have talked with an Asus assistant. I mention this forum and he told me there will be a lot going on… and Asus is knowing this problem, but it has a lot of causes: Hardware, Software, BIOS, OS, the sequence of installing drivers and so on. That made me mad and I became clearer. In the end, Asus doesn't think it is a mainboard problem. His solution in a first step: Do a CMOS reset and throttle the RAM frequency. The dark hero max. RAM frequency is 3.200 MHz without OC, see manual. I should set this frequency, although my RAM could run with 3.800 MHz, and the D.O.C.P, but I have still the problem with the sleep mode with RAM 3.200 MHz.
    He propose these next steps:
    Reinstall Windows with minimum components, see ASUS Media Creation Tool https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1039507/
    Install the drivers in the following sequence:
    1. AMD chipset driver
    2. Graphic driver
    3. Audio driver
    4. Bluetooth driver
    5. LAN driver

For me, it could be a problem with the Ryzen 5000 series.

P.S. MSI had also problems with Ryzen 5000 and FCLK in November 2020, but a beta BIOS update seems to be working. Other mainboard manufacturer like Gigabyte, ASRock have also problems.

New ROGer Array

I have tried it like my description from yesterday. It doesn't work.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cosanoma View Post
    I have tried it like my description from yesterday. It doesn't work.
    Yeah it doesn't really have anything to do with software to be fair. I've had the issue on a clean Windows 10 and 11 install.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Xairoo,
    Your RMA case is advanced ship process for the distributor. We have created RMA first on 11/8 to ship the replacement to the distributor, and then the distributor need to send the motherboard back for RMA. The distributor have sent back your motherboard on 11/16. However, it may take a while(about 2 weeks) since it is non-EU shipment and some time may be needed to release the shipment.
    Once our repair center receive your motherboard, they will check if the issue can be reproduced.
    Thank you.
    Hi STARRAIN@ROG,

can you confirm that the board has arrived at the repair center?
    Nearly 3 weeks since the distributor has shipped the board to Asus. Snail climate friendly shipping is faster ;-)
    Oh and yeah even more... I dropped the board on 10/27 in the store. Fascinating how sloooooooooooow some processes can be.

Just give us an update.

Thanks.

New ROGer Array

Can confirm this happens with the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) board as well. It is not exclusively the Dark Hero only. One way I have found that alleviates this is to sign out of windows first, then sleep or shutdown from lock screen. If you do it from Windows it screws up more frequently. I think it might have something to do with the ROG armory crate program and it is doing something weird with RGB lighting, so signing out closes its operations and tends to work as intended. I think the issue is the RGB isn't closing out properly and causing faulty shutdowns and sleeps.
    Last edited by D-Rocky; 12-05-2021 at 06:55 PM.

New ROGer Array Vitacola PC Specs
    Vitacola PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    Memory (part number)HX436C18FB3K4/128
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC Gaming 6GB
    Storage #11000GB Patriot Viper VP4300 M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 3D-NAND TLC
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U12A
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750
    Accessory #1 5x140FANs PushPull

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rocky View Post
    Can confirm this happens with the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) board as well. It is not exclusively the Dark Hero only. One way I have found that alleviates this is to sign out of windows first, then sleep or shutdown from lock screen. If you do it from Windows it screws up more frequently. I think it might have something to do with the ROG armory crate program and it is doing something weird with RGB lighting, so signing out closes its operations and tends to work as intended. I think the issue is the RGB isn't closing out properly and causing faulty shutdowns and sleeps.
    No, it will also happen with other OS. It is OS independent. I shutdown the PC after memtest86 and I could also not turn the PC on.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vitacola View Post
    No, it will also happen with other OS. It is OS independent. I shutdown the PC after memtest86 and I could also not turn the PC on.
    I wasn't saying anything about what OS it is on. I'm just saying I'm not getting the problem when I shutdown/sleep from Windows lock screen instead of inside of windows.

Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast