Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 548
  1. #261
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    51
    Posts
    1,232

    Hi Xairoo,
    Our repair center have received your motherboard last Thursday but cannot reduplicate the issue so far.
    Our repair center will try reproducing it for few days.
    Thank you.

    Hi D-Rocky,
    For ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI), if you have updated to bios 3081 with bios all default settings but the issue still occurs, please send RMA for further examination.
    Thank you.

  2. #262
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    74

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Xairoo,
    Our repair center have received your motherboard last Thursday but cannot reduplicate the issue so far.
    Our repair center will try reproducing it for few days.
    Thank you.
    Thanks for your feedback! Hm, hope the guys will be able to reproduce it.
    For such a case a complete build from a customer would be the best base to start finding the problem.

    Anyway...
    • Ryzen 9 5900X
    • MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X or MSI RTX 2080S Gaming X Trio
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 16GB, DDR4-3200, CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 (4 modules in total, so 2 kits)


    Use sleep mode (not hibernate) @ Windows 10.
    I am using psshutdown to send my PC into sleep mode. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...ads/psshutdown

    Code:
    psshutdown -d -t 0 -accepteula
    Code:
    -d Suspend the computer
    -h Hibernate the computer
    I don't think it's related, but try enabling WOL for the 2,5 Gbit port, also enable only wake by magic packet.

    Same hardware runs on the replacement board really great, had only 2 times this issue with the new board (also not ideal, but hey, not multiple times every day), but never while a WOL reason, just while a default wake by pressing a key on the keyboard.

  3. #263
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    13

    I have the same issue and tried everything in this thread, I think @NuadaXXX is right, this has to be something to do with Armory, I tried his methods and it works for a day or 2 and issue comes back, and I have also tried the uninstallation software on Asus support page and again it works and then happen again.
    I have tried the following
    1. change to another power supply, interestingly, 2 power supplies gave me to symptoms, Cooler master V850 SFX has to switch the main power off for at least 3 secs and switch back on to make it work again, while using SILVERSTONE 1000W SFX-L, if I switch off and on immediately, it will work, but both of them will have the start up issue about 1 day after clear Cmos
    2. I've also change Ram from G.Skull to Corsair, no luck

    Here's my build

    Dark hero mother board, bought about a month ago, comes with 3702 bios, had this issue and updated to 3801, no improve
    CPU 5900X
    GPU Gigabyte 3080 Ti Xtreme
    RAM 4 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal Elite 3600 4X 16gb (tried both stock speed and 3600), also tried CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 2X8gb
    Power supply SILVERSTONE 1000W SFX-L/ Cooler master V850 SFX
    Ssd 2 x Samsung 980 pro m.2
    Last edited by 9junes; 12-07-2021 at 12:17 AM.

  4. #264
    Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Reputation
    51
    Posts
    1,232

    Hi all,
    For ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK, the start up issue is under investigation.
    I'll keep you updated if there is any news.
    Thank you.

  5. #265
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Aalz0r View Post
    Yeah it doesn't really have anything to do with software to be fair. I've had the issue on a clean Windows 10 and 11 install.
    Yes, I think you're right and it has something to do only with the mainboard and / (or) the Ryzen 5000 series.

  6. #266
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    For ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK, the start up issue is under investigation.
    I'll keep you updated if there is any news.
    Thank you.
    Sounds like you have been able to reproduce?

    /stix

  7. #267
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    40

    Quote Originally Posted by 9junes View Post
    I have the same issue and tried everything in this thread, I think @NuadaXXX is right, this has to be something to do with Armory, I tried his methods and it works for a day or 2 and issue comes back, and I have also tried the uninstallation software on Asus support page and again it works and then happen again.
    I have tried the following
    1. change to another power supply, interestingly, 2 power supplies gave me to symptoms, Cooler master V850 SFX has to switch the main power off for at least 3 secs and switch back on to make it work again, while using SILVERSTONE 1000W SFX-L, if I switch off and on immediately, it will work, but both of them will have the start up issue about 1 day after clear Cmos
    2. I've also change Ram from G.Skull to Corsair, no luck

    Here's my build

    Dark hero mother board, bought about a month ago, comes with 3702 bios, had this issue and updated to 3801, no improve
    CPU 5900X
    GPU Gigabyte 3080 Ti Xtreme
    RAM 4 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal Elite 3600 4X 16gb (tried both stock speed and 3600), also tried CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 2X8gb
    Power supply SILVERSTONE 1000W SFX-L/ Cooler master V850 SFX
    Ssd 2 x Samsung 980 pro m.2

    yes my friend also with a dark hero got it also fixed with armory, but there is no tutorial. change all, ultil it works. lol

    i have now since 5 weeks no issue. but i have it fixed with armory and after that i have windows re installed and have armoury never again installed. that was the trick for me.

    that is way i say we need a full default rest in the bios not that half think i mean a full what delete all profile all settings everything to factory reset, like gigabyte it does.

  8. #268
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    For ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK, the start up issue is under investigation.
    I'll keep you updated if there is any news.
    Thank you.
    I have this problem too, i must unplug PSU wait until M/B lights and start button light to go out then re-plug the PSU otherwise it refuses to start from the case button or the M/B start button, its a brand new Dark Hero board which replaced my Asus B550-E which worked perfect, i updated to bios version 3801 as soon as i got it, its a 4 month old build with a Ryzen 7 5800x , Sapphire extreme Rx 6900 xt, 32 gig 16, 19, 19 , 36 Corsair ram @3600mhz, its not happening all the time mostly in the mornings when its been sat a while however i have had it do it once when i turned it off in the day and about 2 mins later i tried to restart and it would not without unplugging it, i can replicate this fault every time by holding the start button down and dumping the PC, it never starts then without unplugging then, i have also replaced my 4 month old Corsair RM1000w PSU with a brand new platinum HX1000 corsair PSU believing the problem was coming from the PSU then i googled the Dark hero not stating without being un-pluged and i found this thread so i belive its clearly the motherboard, once in windows the PC is perfectly stable with any stress test i can throw at it, its happening with both bios default settings or overclocked settings, i read someone's post in here saying that if you clear coms then put all your settings in at one time it cures it, so i did that and for a few days it was ok, however last night i made one setting change to the bios and this morning it would not start again, weather that is a coincidence or not i don't know but maybe its something for you guys to go on i don't have armoury installed and never use the sleep function.
    Last edited by lawson7086; 12-08-2021 at 12:13 PM.

  9. #269
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi Xairoo,
    Our repair center have received your motherboard last Thursday but cannot reduplicate the issue so far.
    Our repair center will try reproducing it for few days.
    Thank you.

    Hi D-Rocky,
    For ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI), if you have updated to bios 3081 with bios all default settings but the issue still occurs, please send RMA for further examination.
    Thank you.
    I've had this new bios for quite a while, so that is not new but I did a clear cmos and everything default and it still occurs. I'm not going to RMA my board until you discover the issue with the Dark Hero because these are very similar boards with the same issue. My guess is that is Armory Crate software preventing the system to shutdown and/or sleep properly. I control all of my rgb through Armory Crate so it would suck to have to remove the program completely. If it is a manufacture defect then will definitely RMA. Being without an operating PC while waiting for my board to be examined, does not sound fun. Just having to flip psu switch to turn my pc back on is not that huge of an issue, just annoying a very expensive board, has a silly glitch.

    I have discovered signing out of windows first then shutting down and/or sleeping from lock screen seems to alleviate this problem.
    Last edited by D-Rocky; 12-08-2021 at 06:00 PM.

  10. #270
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    40

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitacola View Post
    No, it will also happen with other OS. It is OS independent. I shutdown the PC after memtest86 and I could also not turn the PC on.
    It has somthing todo with RGB i got after reset now 5 weeks no problems. it works not for all ok but RGB is 1000000% also involved.

    The sooner people accept this, the sooner Asus will find at least one of the possible causes.

    it has sure, multiple causes and it is not this one fix.
    Last edited by NuadaXXX; 12-12-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •