Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
    Moderator Array

Hi 9junes,
    I keep collecting the serial number to see if there is any commonality, but we don't find the clues from the serial number so far.
    Because it is random issue and it would be difficult to reproduce in repair center, so it would take longer time for RMA.
    If it is within DOA period, please consult the dealer first.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi 9junes,
    I keep collecting the serial number to see if there is any commonality, but we don't find the clues from the serial number so far.
    Because it is random issue and it would be difficult to reproduce in repair center, so it would take longer time for RMA.
    If it is within DOA period, please consult the dealer first.
    Thank you.
    Thank you for explaining, that make sense, does that mean I have to wait until Asus find/solve the issue before I can get any process for RMA? Any change I can get a new board when you receive the old one so I wont end up without computer for months?

New ROGer Array

Hi all.
    I bought Asus Dark Hero a few days ago and faced the same problem with startup. This problem is irregular. It turns on ok for several days, and next time you have to turn off the PSU to turn on the computer. OS Windows 10 pro fresh and clean. Installed only drivers, Armoury Crate and fews games from Steam. No overclock, all by default in bios.
    I have read all the posts and do not hope for an instant solution. My post is for the asus to see that the problem is not an isolated one. Thx.

My configuration:

CPU - 5950x
    MB - Asus dark hero. Bios Version 3801
    RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo F4-3800C14D-32GTZN (2 x 16GB)
    PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W
    HDD - SSD Samsung 850 EVO. SSD Samsung 850 Pro.
    VGA - MSI 2080 S GAMING X TRIO
    Last edited by HelHel; 12-15-2021 at 11:50 AM.

New ROGer Array

And again...

History:
    -----
    Returned board:
    Happened daily multiple times.

Replacement board since 27.10.2021:
    -----

DOA is limited to 14 days in my case. Just saying.

I can't recommend this board, only for experimental stuff but it's not production ready.

Also it's still not clear that we will get a patch for this. Maybe it can't be fixed by an BIOS update.

What a ****ty product, sorry, but I wasted too much of my lifetime because of this faulty piece of hardware.

I hope Asus will offer a customer friendly replacement if it can't be fixed within a month or so (that's a long time).

That means: Asus should send the customers a working replacement before the customer has to return this mass failing product back.

It's not only one customer having this problem. So why should the customer spend again a lot of money for a new board. Nearly no one has a replacement board lying around, specially not such a heavily priced one. And even if: What if the replacement board also starts sucking? Getting a new one? Drive to the retailer and get a replacement within the DOA? Or wait again weeks or month for the replacement? Holy, no.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xairoo View Post
    I hope Asus will offer a customer friendly replacement if it can't be fixed within a month or so (that's a long time).

That means: Asus should send the customers a working replacement before the customer has to return this mass failing product back.

It's not only one customer having this problem. So why should the customer spend again a lot of money for a new board. Nearly no one has a replacement board lying around, specially not such a heavily priced one. And even if: What if the replacement board also starts sucking? Getting a new one? Drive to the retailer and get a replacement within the DOA? Or wait again weeks or month for the replacement? Holy, no.
    I agree with this completely. I've already been around the block with a return of the board, getting a new one and experiencing the same problem. If ASUS determine that it is a BIOS issue, I expect a prompt resolution with a BIOS update. If ASUS determine it is a hardware problem, then I should receive a replacement from Asus before I have to return my current board. The problem has been going on for too long and is not a regular warranty issue.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up

I hope ASUS will start to feel the pressure.
    I have build 2 new systems recently for a couple friends, they both wanted to go for an ASUS board but I changed their mind to an MSI board due to this unacceptable issue affecting not One, Not Two, but 3 ASUS high end boards ! (Dark Hero, Hero and Hero Wifi).
    Their systems, with their MSI boards are running perfectly btw.

This situation is embarrassing, the longer it goes on, the more customers Asus will loose
    Last edited by JBROG87; 12-15-2021 at 11:13 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by von_nihil View Post
    I agree with this completely. I've already been around the block with a return of the board, getting a new one and experiencing the same problem. If ASUS determine that it is a BIOS issue, I expect a prompt resolution with a BIOS update. If ASUS determine it is a hardware problem, then I should receive a replacement from Asus before I have to return my current board. The problem has been going on for too long and is not a regular warranty issue.
    Not only the Dark Hero board either. Same exact problem with ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI). Which is practically the same architecture. A new Bios just dropped for me on 12/15/21 ver. 3904. They also completely updated the Armory Crate program, so will see how this goes.
    Last edited by D-Rocky; 12-16-2021 at 07:55 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi stixix,
    There is no RMA record for your serial number so far.
    However, our local repair center have received the motherboard from other user, so we are testing it to see if the issue can be reproduced.
    We will do further analysis on it.
    Thank you.
    Hi STARRAIN@ROG

I have been informed by my retailer, that my issues has been fixed (no idea what they have done) - can you verify that the MB has been through your repair center?

/stig

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rocky View Post
    Not only the Dark Hero board either. Same exact problem with ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI). Which is practically the same architecture. A new Bios just dropped for me on 12/15/21 ver. 3904. They also completely updated the Armory Crate program, so will see how this goes.
    Thank you for sharing, really hope this is the fix.
    @STARRAIN@ROG Would you be able to provide any information re this Bios update? Thanks in advance

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by 9junes View Post
    Thank you for sharing, really hope this is the fix.
    @STARRAIN@ROG Would you be able to provide any information re this Bios update? Thanks in advance
    I am pretty certain that the new Bios update for the Hero Wifi has nothing to do with this problem.
    Asus apparently has just begun investigating this issue...... they would be a long way off identifying the cause let alone coming up with a fix for it.

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast