Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

give us an update on the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    Although our tech team cannot reproduce the issue with the motherboard on hand, some customers have sent the motherboard to RMA.
    We cannot reproduce the issue on all of those customers' motherboards but we have seen the issue few times.
    However, it doesn't occur every time, so it is hard to reproduce the issue. We need more time to do further experiments to find the root cause.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    it has been over 20 days since your last actual "update" on the start up issue problem.
    what's going on? do the engineers know now what is causing the problem, are they better at reproducing the problem?
    WHAT IS GOING ON?

also how many are working for how many hours each week on this problem?
    we are at over 6 months of this issue getting basically ignored by asus. as people buying 450 euro motherboards, we'd like to know how many resources asus puts behind 450 euro motherboards LITERALLY NOT STARTING UP!

if this was a server motherboard, the issue would have been fixed over 4 months ago without a question.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by linara View Post
    it has been over 20 days since your last actual "update" on the start up issue problem.
    what's going on? do the engineers know now what is causing the problem, are they better at reproducing the problem?
    WHAT IS GOING ON?

we are at over 6 months of this issue getting basically ignored by asus. as people buying 450 euro motherboards, we'd like to know how many resources asus puts behind 450 euro motherboards LITERALLY NOT STARTING UP!

if this was a server motherboard, the issue would have been fixed over 4 months ago without a question.
    I have send a PM to STARRAIN@ROG today, just a few hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Xairoo
    Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG
    Quote Originally Posted by Xairoo
    Hi STARRAIN@ROG,

you could post an weekly update. Friday would be a good day.
    Asus could share the current state.
    That will bring back some trust.

I know the issue is really hard to reproduce. But people want to know what's currently going on and maybe how.

Thanks and best regards
    Xairoo
    Hi Xairoo,
    I'm afraid our tech team is doing the experiment to check if they find the root cause.
    Because it doesn't occur every time, although it doesn't occur after make some change, it might be fake.
    Thank you.
    Hi,

guess you try to fix it with the BIOS? If yes, you could share these versions with the public. Will result in more running tests.
    But that versions should only be listed in the specific thread to keep the test group small.

Cheers

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Intel NUC laptop LAPQC71D
    MotherboardROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    ProcessorAMD 5800X
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX3090Ti
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorAORUS FV43U
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    CPU CoolerCustom loop
    CaseBeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare II Animate
    Mouse ROG Chakram X
    Headset Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906 5.1
    Network RouterpfSense/OPNsense

Quote Originally Posted by linara View Post
    WHAT IS GOING ON?

I don't know his schedule but a lot of people take extended vacations around Lunar New Year so he may not actually be working right now. Same goes for the engineers. Of course that doesn't account for your 6 months figure but this is definitely a more difficult time of year, currently.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    I don't know his schedule but a lot of people take extended vacations around Lunar New Year so he may not actually be working right now. Same goes for the engineers. Of course that doesn't account for your 6 months figure but this is definitely a more difficult time of year, currently.
    This is true for China, but can be ignored for the rest of the world. Also it has just started, they worked until a few days ago (we stopped submitting orders to China last week because they could get lost within the next 3 weeks while Lunar New Year) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_New_Year
    I thought the Asus tech team is not located in Asia.

Let us wait for a more detailed update from Asus.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xairoo View Post
    Because it doesn't occur every time, although it doesn't occur after make some change, it might be fake.
    So, ASUS thinks that this issue is fake? wtf? I can record a video of that thing wont start. F*king fake my *ss

Quote Originally Posted by outofdate View Post
    So, ASUS thinks that this issue is fake? wtf? I can record a video of that thing wont start. F*king fake my *ss
    No, because they have seen it.
    I think they mean a not working fix. Just badly chosen words.

Hi Xairoo,
    Our tech team have found a possible solution for the startup issue, but I'm afraid it can be only done in our repair center.
    Could you please send your motherboard to our RMA and share the serial number to me?
    I'll inform our local repair center to take care of your motherboard after received it.
    Thank you.
    That's my answer:

Hi,

the issue doesn't appear every day since I have the replacement (I told you and ATM it didn't happened since weeks?!).

Returning the board will result in having no workstation for many weeks.
    Getting a new board in the meanwhile, I have to spend about 450 USD.
    When I got the old board back, I have two boards. Selling one will result in wasting a lot of money.

That isn't a good solution. 99% of the other customers would tell you the same.

For this kind of issue, because it's not only one customer, Asus should offer a replacement program.

1.)
    - ask the customer for the address and serial number + photo of the serial to avoid typos
    - customer buys a new board (same model)
    - customer will return the old board
    - customer will get his money back, from Asus or the distributor (no one cares if this isn't possible, because it is and it's called good customer care)

OR

2.)
    - ask the customer for the address and serial number + photo of the serial to avoid typos
    - customer gets a new board from Asus (or they tell the distributors to send one)
    - customer will return the old board
    Last edited by Xairoo; 02-07-2022 at 09:20 AM.

Moderator Array

Hi NuadaXXX,
    Is the ram model F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC?
    Could you please also share a picture of ram voltage information in bios?
    Thank you.

Hi Xairoo,
    I'm sorry we cannot provide the replacement, and the repair can be only done in our repair center.
    If you don't want to send RMA, could you please consult the dealer to see if you can get a refund from the dealer?
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    The manufacturer is not able to handle this?
    Wow. We have never seen people getting products directly from the manufacturers. Hahaha...
    The difference is: Giving products away for advertising makes sense. Handling a massive failure for many people doesn't make fun, ah, I mean, doesn't bring money.

Customer care is something that Asus doesn't want to provide.

I will never ever buy from Asus again. No matter what kind of product, because I want good customer care.

ROG Member Array

Unhappy

Wow, interesting.

So, if I understand correctly:

• Asus have now found a solution to the startup issue (without updating everyone here?)
    • The issue was due to a hardware fault, so a physical board modification is required
    • We have to send in our own boards and wait weeks until they come back, with an unusable system in the meantime

Asus: this is unacceptable. This is not a normal sporadic, post-sale hardware issue that needs to be fixed after a period of customer use. This is a widespread, intrinsic fault at the moment of sale and therefore should not result in customers having to be without a system for the period of repair.

If this issue were announced to a broader audience of Asus consumers, it would be really affect their future manufacturer selection.

Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast