Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BillBittel View Post
    Sorry. I did not mean to upset you. i posted about the Viet Nam vs China variable again because there are new people posting in this thread that maybe did not go back and read through all of the older posts. I thought if everyone checked the model number of their board, a pattern may emerge. I understand that some boards with the startup issure were made in China but lf it was discovered that most of the affected boards were made in Viet Nam, it may be relevant. Since this seems to have upset you for some reason I will drop it and butt out. My Dark Hero has never had this start up issue so I really don't have a dog in this fight. I was just trying to be helpful to those that do have the start up problem. Apologies for trying to be helpful. Good luck getting it resolved.
    I'm sorry had a bad day and unfortunately the motherboard issue is very annoying. Shouldn't be an excuse for my wrongdoing, sorry again.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by BASI1990 View Post
    I'm sorry had a bad day and unfortunately the motherboard issue is very annoying. Shouldn't be an excuse for my wrongdoing, sorry again.
    No problem. I understand your frustration. Asus does not seem to be doing a whole lot about this issue. I hope it starts getting some real exposure by Gamer's Nexus or whomever. Asus really seems to be slipping on their top end boards. I don't know what platform my next build will be on but I am definitely going to wait awhile for reviews and customer feedback before buying another Asus mobo.

ROG Member Array

36 days since last actual comment on the start-up issue by ASUS

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    Although our tech team cannot reproduce the issue with the motherboard on hand, some customers have sent the motherboard to RMA.
    We cannot reproduce the issue on all of those customers' motherboards but we have seen the issue few times.
    However, it doesn't occur every time, so it is hard to reproduce the issue. We need more time to do further experiments to find the root cause.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    this has been the last direct response from asus to the START-UP issue.
    so their last direct comment on the START-up issue has been 36 days ago!!!!
    mind you other companies have entire replacement programs for broken hardware going within 36 days.

asus doesn't even put out an updated response to an issue in over a month!
    this is just pure insulting insanity.

of course thanks to the others in the community, that provided their personal messages with asus and what not, to give us an a little bit better picture, that asus seemingly refuses to share with us.

so asus: PROVIDE AN UPDATE!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

STARRAIN@ROG has been posting on the other Asus Z690 Hero problem thread (HERO Z690 HAVING ISSUES WITH GETTING WINDOWS ERRORS AND NVME DRIVE NOT WORKING) https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...e18#post857536

Maybe you could post over there and ask them to please stop ignoring this thread.

ROG Member Array

wrote a reminder in the z690 thread, that we demand updates on the issue

Quote Originally Posted by BillBittel View Post
    STARRAIN@ROG has been posting on the other Asus Z690 Hero problem thread (HERO Z690 HAVING ISSUES WITH GETTING WINDOWS ERRORS AND NVME DRIVE NOT WORKING) https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...e18#post857536

Maybe you could post over there and ask them to please stop ignoring this thread.
    i wrote the reminder with the demand of an update in the z690 thread:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...709#post857709

who wants to bet, that it will get ignored too?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

New update, private message (02-17-2022 07:52 AM):

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG
    Hi Xairoo,
    For your feedback and request, we are discussing to build a replacement plan.
    However, we don't have such service process, so it may take quite long time to discuss with our each local team and the related department. The estimated time is 45 days.
    Are you willing to wait 45 days?
    Thank you.
    Don't know why he doesn't post this in public. Maybe to prevent some scammers to return none broken boards. I could understand this, the issue doesn't happen all the time, so it's really hard to proof it and there are many "special" people.

That was my answer:

Hello STARRAIN@ROG,

I hope I didn't misunderstand you: You are talking about a plan to ship new boards before you get the faulty board? If yes, waiting a few more days (or 45) is totally okay. Since Asus works on a good solution for the customers, it's all okay.
    Guess no one will have a problem with this time span.

it's totally understandable that Asus wants to avoid abuses, like customers won't return the board after they got the new one.
    So it's also fine if you would ask for a better proof, like the invoice of the board.

Cheers

ROG Member Array

Wow this issue is still ongoing?! My replacement board has been good so far, touch wood, but I do worry what may happen. Just have to hope this one stays good, its been fine and I have thrown a lot at it, but you never know, if there was a bad batch of components then problems may take time to manifest themselves.
    My plan is to upgrade to DDR5/PCIe 5 in the next year, so I just keep my fingers crossed the board holds until then.
    As far as features and performance goes, the board is stellar, perfect for my needs, but yeah, the feeling of the potential for impending doom is pretty awful, every time I power up the system there's a kinda moment where I think.. will it?

For me, this whole issue started way back in May '21, on my CH8 wi-fi board.
    Exact same fault as on these DH boards have, so no startup, nothing at all happens when you try to start it and you have to power off the PS until the board LED's go out and then it starts fine. It's obviously a common fault between the boards.
    I posted my thoughts a while back about it . Probably a single component is defective or loose or mounted incorrectly.
    So that's 9 months now.

You guys hanging in there with your faulty boards amaze me, actually.
    I understand some people not wanting to return their board as they're using it, but I cant see any fix coming, ever. Its hardware, not software.
    My concern would be if the problem degrades further and one day you cant start the board at all? Or worse, i.e.: something catches fire?
    If they hadn't refunded me I would have just junked it myself and gone with another brand, written off the cost and probably never bought ASUS again.
    My rig has to be reliable.

I'm curious to know why you are hanging in here?
    Last edited by AsusExplorer; 02-20-2022 at 03:20 AM.

ROG Member Array

I got the following response from ASUS privately:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi mbarry,
    Do you also have the startup issue that cannot startup after shutdown or from sleep mode randomly and you have to switch the PSU off and on to startup?
    May I have the serial number of your motherboard?
    Thank you.
    Hello

Yes, I'm having the same startup issue as many of the people in the forum are reporting. In addition to that, tonight the computer just shut off while I was streaming live television. That's the first time it's happened to me.

The serial number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The part number is 90MB1760-MVAAY0, which apparently is the model that's made in Vietnam.

I purchased this XXXXXXXXXXXXXX from Amazon.com. The order number from Amazon.com is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The RAM I purchased and am using in this computer is CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18 LED Desktop Memory - Black. The CPU is AMD Ryzen 9 5950X.

I just registered this motherboard on ASUS's site a few minutes ago when I realized I hadn't done that when I purchased it last summer.

Mike

Hi mbarry,
    Thank you for your reply.
    May I know which country you live in?

Yes, I live in the United States.

Hi mbarry,
    We have received request about a replacement and we are discussing to build such process for this case in each area.
    However, it may take quite long time to discuss with our each local team and the related department. The estimated time is 45 days.
    Are you willing to wait 45 days?
    Thank you.
    Hello

Yes, I would be willing to wait 45 days if

1) I can keep using my motherboard with the shut-down/start-up problem during those 45 days and
    2) Asus sends me a brand new, never been sold or used before replacement of the exact motherboard I have (ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero).

Thank you -

Mike

Hi mbarry,
    Thank you for your reply. I'll forward your feedback to our internal discussion.

ROG Member Array

why still get an asus board? missing alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by AsusExplorer View Post
    I'm curious to know why you are hanging in here?
    because feature wise, this is the brand, that has the closest alternative motherboard and even there you give up a lot:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JmPUr-BeEM

so personally speaking, it is not, that i want to buy an asus motherboard, but that the other brand option, that already is worse feature wise A LOT, is attacks tech journalists, after said tech journalists point out, that their products literally catch on fire.
    said other brand (gigabyte) also went on to deliberately put their fire cracker product, that by design is expected to take out lots of other hardware when it goes boom, together with graphics cards through newegg, as they tried to dumb their garbage onto poor customers.
    and after all this came out, newegg and gigabyte actually dared to refuse returns of just the fire cracker psu and only would accept psu + graphics card returns for a while.

so to put it simply, the issue is that most of the tech industry completely sucks and anti consumer behavior is everywhere and most are already looking for the least evil option out there.

ROG Member Array

I also got a PM a repair that goes along with sending in the mainboard apparently takes about 45 days. But ASUS seems to be working on a solution where you don't have to send in the mainboard until you have a replacement.

Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast