Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
    Moderator Array

Hi all,
    Our tech team have found the solution for this.
    The issue is probabilistic and not everyone has the issue.
    We are dealing with the issue, but it would take some time to arrange repair
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    Last edited by STARRAIN@ROG; 02-21-2022 at 07:39 AM.

New ROGer Array

I am really happy to read this!

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG
    Quote Originally Posted by Xairoo
    Hi Xairoo,
    For your feedback and request, we are discussing to build a replacement plan.
    However, we don't have such service process, so it may take quite long time to discuss with our each local team and the related department. The estimated time is 45 days.
    Are you willing to wait 45 days?
    Thank you.
    Hello STARRAIN@ROG,

I hope I didn't misunderstand you: You are talking about a plan to ship new boards before you get the faulty board? If yes, waiting a few more days (or 45) is totally okay. Since Asus works on a good solution for the customers, it's all okay.
    Guess no one will have a problem with this time span.

it's totally understandable that Asus wants to avoid abuses, like customers won't return the board after they got the new one.
    So it's also fine if you would ask for a better proof, like the invoice of the board.

Cheers
    Hi Xairoo,
    Yes, we are discussing the plan and the process.
    Thank you for your reply. I'll forward your feedback to our internal discussion.

New ROGer Array

I also received DM to potentially have a replacement board, but there are 2 issues I have with this:

1) The start-up problem according to ASUS is probabilistic, so there is a chance that even a new replacement board has the same issue. Imagine going thru the huge effort of dismantling a build up PC and rebuilding it just to find out the new board has exactly the same problem!

2) Asus did not state if we would get a new or a refurbished board, imagine getting a "repaired", scratched/bend motherboard to replace your pristine board. This happens a lot with replacement boards,since they are the ones that are send back due to issues and then get patched up and send out as replacements.

Both of these scenarios put me off from considering a replacement unless ASUS states these boards are new and confirmed to not have this issue.
    But I bet they wouldnt actually test them to see if this issue is present.

New ROGer Array

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Xairoo View Post
    I am really happy to read this!
    I'm sorry, but don't be so happy...

The truth may be quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by tony-rambo
    We are discussing about the plan, but it may take days to discuss internally and I'm not sure if it is doable.
    Do you still agree to wait our discussion and 45days?
    It is now necessary to add to the 45 days of waiting an unknown number of days of waiting without knowing if this will be doable in the end?

Might as well play the lottery...

I'm sorry but the problem has been present for SEVERAL MONTHS already, we STILL don't know where it comes from, even though you say you have found the source of the problem but you don't even deign to inform us, we don't know if it is a hardware problem or a software problem!

Anyway, without assurance from you that the long wait that you are asking me to endure will be useful or not, I think to opt for the refund option + purchase of a new motherboard from a different brand, despite all the qualities that this card offered...

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    Will this require RMA, or a BIOS update?
    How do you plan to handle people outside US?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by neptunelafa View Post
    Will this require RMA, or a BIOS update?
    How do you plan to handle people outside US?
    I believe they are considering a replacement, not BIOS update.
    It is a hardware defect, but they didn't specify what exactly is broken.
    But they also didn't say if the replacement board is new, or a repaired/refurbished board...

New ROGer Array

asus any commitment to new replacements boards arriving before sending broken 1 back?

Quote Originally Posted by STARRAIN@ROG View Post
    Hi all,
    a reminder, that asus could already commit to replacing all boards, that have this issue with brand new boards and that said boards will arrive, before the replacement needs to get shipped.

this would at least give people here some piece of mind.
    so how about asus commits to that already? while they are supposedly working on the replacement program in the back for another 30 days or so.

but hey it has only been 7 MONTHS! since asus knows about this issue, so another month to set something up, that they already be able to execute right from the start within a week or so just makes perfect sense.

New ROGer Array

If the issue is probabilistic and it is a hw issue, it means given enough time, everybody will experience it so I want my money back, I didn't pay 450e for a MB only to wait for it to break.

Release the statement and I am returning it that very day.

I have already experienced it like 20 times already and now I know why there haven't been more start up failures because I regularly turn off my PSU when leaving the home for a longer period of time, so basically everyday except a few days in a year. Today I browsed reviews of the mobo from the shop I had purchased it from and there are several people complaining about it so the issue is pretty prevalent.

GG Asus.
    Last edited by SaLaDiN; 02-28-2022 at 09:40 PM.

New ROGer Array

Just received this reply from Asus. I'll never buy another product they make ever again.

==============

Hi mbarry,
    After checked with our team, the waiting time for the motherboard would be longer than 45days in US and the replacement would be refurbished one.
    Please consult the retailer to see if you can get a refund from the retailer.

===================

New ROGer Array

Yep same here, got a reply from Asus saying the replacement board would be a refurbished board....
    This is terrible and unacceptable.

Definitely my last Asus product

Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast