Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by mbarry View Post
    Just received this reply from Asus. I'll never buy another product they make ever again.

==============

Hi mbarry,
    After checked with our team, the waiting time for the motherboard would be longer than 45days in US and the replacement would be refurbished one.
    Please consult the retailer to see if you can get a refund from the retailer.
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

===================
    Wow. This sucks. I guess its time to start reading up on other manufacturers. This is really depressing because:

Gigabyte has been called out for selling power supplies that burst into flames and factory water cooled GPU's that have an aluminum block under very thin plating that is corroding horribly within weeks.

MSI it just a scummy company that has been caught scalping their RTX3000 series GPU's through front companies. Then there is Mystic Light...

AsRock - Is a lower end spin off of Asus. I don't know much about them and guess I need to look closely at their current products.

EVGA - Maybe this is the best option. They usually are late with their mobo releases, and only offer 1 model, but its usually a really good board. And they have good customer service. I have an EVGA X59 board that is still running.

Asus has been my go to for motherboads for years. It is sad to see them fail with the X570 Hero series boards and the Z690 boards. I get it that motherboards are complex products, and they have to chrun them out quickly. It is not unreasonable that sometimes there will be issues that get out. If/when that happens, its all about what the company does about it. When EVGA RTX3090's were failing, they replaced them with brand new product - immediately. Sending people who bought a brand new top tier board a refurb, after stalling for 7 months, and taking over 45 days to do it it totally unacceptable. This issue needs to get to Gamer's Nexys and similar platforms, to shine a light on how Asus is trying to squirm out of this.

New ROGer Array

Got this message too:

he replacement plan and process is still under discussion.
    However, for the new replacement request, after checked with our team, it would be refurbished one.
    If it doesn't meet your expectation, please consult the retailer to see if you can get a refund from the retailer.
    If you are willing to accept the refurbished motherboard, please let me know.
    Thank you.

I replied this:

Honestly, I find this fact unacceptable. My motherboard looks like new. I've sent a motherboard for repair before and got it back in worse condition than when I sent it in. If you can't be 100 percent sure that the error won't appear again, I don't want to take that risk. I think it's really a shame that ASUS doesn't approach the customers of their high-end products and offer new replacement mainboards, because we're not talking about a 100-150 Euro budget mainboard here, but about a 450 Euro board.

Edit: My dealer has replied. He replied that he would also send the mainboard to Asus for repairs because I have been using my mainboard for a few months now.
    Last edited by BASI1990; 03-02-2022 at 03:38 PM.

New ROGer Array

I think I must chime in here even though I have a different board, a tuf gaming b560m plus wifi. It had all the problems discussed here, and whatever I did wouldn't help to make it start up normally after a shutdown. Yesterday I decided to try Ubuntu. I downloaded the ISO and put it on a usb key. I didn't install it because I was checking to see if WIndows was the culprit.
    Windows was.
    Now I have a working motherboard. I can suspend Ubuntu, shut it down and go to sleep with the merry thought that Ubuntu will start normally.

Give any linux flavours you like a try. I don't play games, but if you do you can run Windows on QEMU without any performance hits. I am running Ubuntu 21.10 if you're curious.

@ASUS. It's not only WIndows' fault, but It's also yours. You didn't do quality tests properly. And you lost me more than a month to sort this out.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 11 64bit Pro
    Network RouterPfSence Intel i5-10210U 6 Port
    Accessory #1 TP-Link Gigabit 8&6 Port Switches

Quote Originally Posted by BillBittel View Post
    Wow. This sucks. I guess its time to start reading up on other manufacturers. This is really depressing because:

Gigabyte has been called out for selling power supplies that burst into flames and factory water cooled GPU's that have an aluminum block under very thin plating that is corroding horribly within weeks.

MSI it just a scummy company that has been caught scalping their RTX3000 series GPU's through front companies. Then there is Mystic Light...

AsRock - Is a lower end spin off of Asus. I don't know much about them and guess I need to look closely at their current products.

EVGA - Maybe this is the best option. They usually are late with their mobo releases, and only offer 1 model, but its usually a really good board. And they have good customer service. I have an EVGA X59 board that is still running.

Asus has been my go to for motherboads for years. It is sad to see them fail with the X570 Hero series boards and the Z690 boards. I get it that motherboards are complex products, and they have to chrun them out quickly. It is not unreasonable that sometimes there will be issues that get out. If/when that happens, its all about what the company does about it. When EVGA RTX3090's were failing, they replaced them with brand new product - immediately. Sending people who bought a brand new top tier board a refurb, after stalling for 7 months, and taking over 45 days to do it it totally unacceptable. This issue needs to get to Gamer's Nexys and similar platforms, to shine a light on how Asus is trying to squirm out of this.
    ~imo
    EVGA would be worth looking at. I had problems before with Water Cooled factory o/c 980ti but the are good with warranty and never had motherboard die or PSU made by them have an issue. Also have two cases made by them, build quality over time faired well, could have been better.
    AsRock are not great. Had motherboards die AM4.
    MSI are strong in AM4 platform and like the BIOS a lot.
    GB are ok in AM4 platform, dislike dual bios feature (horrible) and bios menu in general but it is what it is.
    Asus are my second choice to EVGA and have fair few ASUS products. However at the time EVGA had no AM4 products or would have considered them.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 03-02-2022 at 12:44 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by tenmoi View Post
    I think I must chime in here even though I have a different board, a tuf gaming b560m plus wifi. It had all the problems discussed here, and whatever I did wouldn't help to make it start up normally after a shutdown. Yesterday I decided to try Ubuntu. I downloaded the ISO and put it on a usb key. I didn't install it because I was checking to see if WIndows was the culprit.
    Windows was.
    Now I have a working motherboard. I can suspend Ubuntu, shut it down and go to sleep with the merry thought that Ubuntu will start normally.

Give any linux flavours you like a try. I don't play games, but if you do you can run Windows on QEMU without any performance hits. I am running Ubuntu 21.10 if you're curious.

@ASUS. It's not only WIndows' fault, but It's also yours. You didn't do quality tests properly. And you lost me more than a month to sort this out.
    The problem described on this thread also occurs under Linux. It has nothing to do with Windows. I've tried both operating systems with the same result.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by von_nihil View Post
    The problem described on this thread also occurs under Linux. It has nothing to do with Windows. I've tried both operating systems with the same result.
    Sorry to hear that. You know I was reading this thread the other day and I did read a post that says that installing linux doesn't work, which was why I didn't tried Ubuntu. I replaced my PSU; I tried ERP in the BIOS; I tested my RAM modules one by one and nothing worked. I contacted ASUS, they told me my RAM wasn't on their QVL and that I should buy new RAM. What the h* were they thinking? I didn't OC my RAM. Everything is at default. As a last resort, 2 days ago I tried Ubuntu and it worked.
    I have a Gigabyte and a Colorful board lying around, which don't have this problem. Anyway, I won't buy any ASUS products ever. They're bad, bad.

New ROGer Array

short collection of the current state and knowledge we have

i thought i put together a short collection of what we know to be true, or are almost certain to be true and what we don't know yet:

1 the problem is a hardware problem with the motherboard and not a software problem
    2 the start up issue is not limited to a certain set of dark hero motherboards, but is extremely widespread (see people receiving replacement motherboards, that
    have the issue again)
    3 the problem effects more motherboards than just the dark hero.
    4 asus knew about this problem for at least 7 months (not including posts/reports about other motherboards, that may have been posted before this thread)
    5 asus put almost no resources behind finding the cause of this problem. we know this by the insane time frame and the refusal of asus to loan entire systems from effected people, instead of just trying to get their mobo for testing, after they couldn't reproduce the issue with just the motherboard.
    6 asus claims, that setting up a replacement program for effected people will take over 45 days!
    7 asus says, that all replacement boards in the program will be garbage refurbs, instead of new motherboards.

8 asus did never answer, whether manufacturing of the dark hero or other effected motherboards will get fixed, so that no new motherboard will have the start up issue. i specifically asked asus about this and i did NOT receive an answer. so we MUST assume, that they keep the manufacturing lines running with broken hardware and hoping, that most won't blame the motherboard or ignore the issue or won't see the issue, due to their system specs.

9 we don't know the exact nature of the issue yet, because asus deliberately refuses to give out details about this issue. this also includes the possibility, that the start-up issue could turn into a completely bricked motherboard down the line. we simply can't know this, because asus refuses to give out any actual details about what the hardware issue, that is causing the start-up issue.

10 due to vague wording "possible fix", we can not be sure, whether the "fix", that asus is secretive talking about actually permanently and properly fixes the problem.

11 we do not know whether the replacement program, that will send out garbage refurbs will send the refurb garbage out before we would need to send out our motherboards, or if we have to send in our broken motherboards first, then wait weeks or months for the refurb to arrive with a non working system in the meantime.

12 we do not know whether the eventual replacement program will be limited to the warranty period of the motherboard. (3 years dark hero i believe) for those not getting why this matters: a used dark hero could not have shown the start up issue on the seller's setup, but will show the start up issue in the used buyer system potentially.

13 we do not know whether asus will fix the broken hardware in their future non dark hero motherboards like AM5, etc... , which means, that any future asus motherboard might also come with this issue.

14 we do not know whether asus will DARE to charge the customer for shipping one way or both ways for the replacement program, or if they will pay all shipping.

15 we do not know whether the eventual replacement program will be region locked or completely worldwide.

so there you have it. feel free to correct something, if i have it wrong.
    of course asus could easily actually commit to a brand new problem free motherboard for everyone effected, or commit to other parts, that are up in the air rightnow in this 15 point list, but they probably don't, because asus is very anti consumer/criminal even i guess at this point as everyone here clearly understands now.
    Last edited by linara; 03-03-2022 at 11:57 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

3 month update - Crosshair Hero iii x570 WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by JerJer123 View Post
    Another update almost a week later - so far so good with the replacement motherboard. Have not ran into the issue.
    Hey all, it's been a little over 3 months since having my board replaced (the non dark hero version) and I have not had the issue re-occur. Hopefully it stays that way.

Disappointed to see that Asus hasn't really properly addressed this obvious issue.

New ROGer Array

Hey all, it's been a little over 3 months since having my board replaced (the non dark hero version) and I have not had the issue re-occur. Hopefully it stays that way.

Disappointed to see that Asus hasn't really properly addressed this obvious issue.
    Thank you for keeping us updated.
    If something should change and the mainboard starts to cause problems again, please let us know.

Has anyone accepted the exchange from ASUS to get a refurbished motherboard?
    If so, please keep us posted if the error went away with the motherboard replacement or if it's still there.
    Last edited by BASI1990; 03-06-2022 at 09:16 AM.

New ROGer Array

Your replacement is from the lottery.
    Means... Asus hasn't found the possible fix before you got the replacement.

But Asus is preparing a replacement program with that fix already applied.

Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast